• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you have a difficulty with saying no?

Yes, and it has lead to another disorder called "Friendly Neighborhood Mechanic Syndrome".

Nope. I am very blunt and speak my mind. I do get lashed out at some of the times but i think honesty is highly important. I would prefer someone to be blunt with me and just say it as it is.

Yes, and it has lead to another disorder called "Friendly Neighborhood Mechanic Syndrome".
LOL, my husband used to be this way until he turned about 30, then he turned into a professional @$$hole because it's the only way he knows how to say "no".

I've always had difficulty with saying no because I always got more concerned about the other person's feelings or what they'll say about me to other people. Given this also caused me much grief with the boys when I was a teenager and found out slowly and painfully that the guy usually doesn't have any feelings to hurt and what they tell others when I say yes is more detrimental than no. God how I wish I had gotten an early diagnosis sometimes....

Accell, I'm blunt too and I'm very open-minded but I also blurt out my thoughts toward some people. I know it gets me into trouble though. :|

Hmmmmm, yep I have problems saying no. By the time I'm pushed into saying NO, it comes out with such force, there's usually spit hanging off the other person's face and I've perforated one of their ear drums. Really wish I could offer up a diplomatic no, without all the anxious drama

Yup, I'm terrible at saying no. I hate this about myself, as it results in my saying yes to things I don't want to do and then passive aggressively not doing it anyway and trying to come up with lame excuses about why I didn't *sigh*. Learning to say no is an ongoing project for me!

I used to have a difficulty with this, because I was grasping for approval and validation, but it's getting easier and easier to tell people to buzz off.

I can't say no, still can't. When I try to deny someone something that they want, I panic. It makes things difficult when that causes a heavy workload.

I have a hard time with it, and I think it's kind of a passive apology for being weird sometimes. Like, if I'm going to be difficult to deal with, I feel like I should at least try and be accommodating and say yes to whatever they want.

I have trouble saying "no" because of all the long sessions I've been through over how rude and selfish I supposedly can be. I've gotten pretty good at making excuses or being diplomatic if it's something that I don't see a mutual beneficial compromise being worked out. And so now I get the discussions of how I use people or objects to my advantage. Some people just won't take "no" for an answer!

New Threads

Top Bottom