• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you find this scene funny?

Keith

This is a scene from the comedy film "Top Secret!". While the film is hilarious, I don't find this scene all that funny for some reason. I get the joke, but I guess I didn't hate high school that much so I can't relate. I've also never had such a dream.

It's not funny to me either, but perhaps it does fit within the movie in general. I don't know the movie...

So just by judging on the scene... I haven't got the faintest clue if and if so, why... this is funny.

The character is a rock star phenomenal throughout the world. He has come to East Germany to perform at a festival, but has gotten into trouble with the East German government. In this scene he is being tortured in an East German prison. He is being beaten unconcious and has that dream. When he awakens, he discovers that it was all a nightmare and (despite being currently whipped in the back) he is glad not to be in the nightmare. It supposed to be funny because his current situation in reality is supposed to be worse than the nightmare.

You should see the movie. It's hilarious and an absolute classic. It's from the makers of "Airplane!" and "Police Squad!".

Is this the 80's spoof movie where a rock star has to go undercover and spy on the Nazi's ? I think Val Kilman was in it, the guy who played batman in Batman Forever :/ I think I'm confused now XD

I find it funny. It's Top Secret! Val Kilmer's best movie. I just watched it again and I had to laugh much in the same way I did when I first saw it when I was 9 or so. It hurts, but in a good way. There's general silliness, playing with movie clichés and the likes with a lot visual, literal thinking involved, some slapstick, playing of Elvis movies and 60s WWII movies. Great stuff.

Yeah, I've seen the movie. One little clip at random does not do the movie justice. It is a funny movie. It's getting a bit old but it's still a funny movie.

I think it is funny. Most people at some time or other have had a dream of being back in school, where they missed an exam or hadn't studied. It can happen years after they have finished school.

I taught college classes when I was a graduate student, and I remember having a similar dream where it was the first day of classes and I had done nothing to prepare for teaching. Again, I had the dream years after I had quit teaching.

It is an uncomfortable, if not scary, dream, and when people awaken from it they are usually relieved that it was just a dream. This scene is funny because he felt the same relief, even though in reality he was being tortured and beaten by spies.

Another dream that most people have experienced is going out in public without clothes. It starts out feeling like a normal thing to do, but eventually you realize you probably should have clothes on. In a recent episode of Glee, Sam, who aspires to be a male model, was photographed for an underwear ad to be posted on the sides of buses. His line, "My dream of appearing practically naked on a public bus is nearing fruition," was hilariously subtle. For most people the dream is a nightmare; for him the dream was a career goal.

New Threads

Top Bottom