• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you feel the presence of God in your life?

There is no comparison to be made. No amount of drugs or human invention will ever compare.
How do you know that? How can you prove it?

You can’t know exactly what other people’s subjective experience is like, so you can’t know that other people don’t experience similar feelings/sensations through secular means.

Last edited:

You can’t know exactly what other people’s subjective experience is like, so you can’t know that other people don’t experience similar feelings/sensations through secular means.

You can't prove you love your family either for example, but people can have big sentiments and convictions about those stuff ;)

You can't prove you love your family either for example, but people can have big sentiments and convictions about those stuff ;)
That’s true but it doesn’t make sense for people to claim that others cannot feel similar sensations for something/someone else because feelings are subjective, personal, and impossible to measure or prove.

I've yet to find evidence for anything in my world that says that something other than a god of whatever sort we wish to come up with (for there are a great many, and who is to say which is the one, and which of the hundreds, even thousands, are not?), could not have come up with it too! Nothing that could only be by the agency of a god (and the lack of definition of god is a difficult aspect of this conversation).

I have also no reason to believe that, which some other person may experience, could not be experienced as that which they regard as god, or their god. For what really is god, in the end? That which cannot be explained? It seems the most meaningful definition I could think of, practically by definition?

After all, none of us can experience reality, so who is to say what is or isn't to be? When we get down to it, surely we can do nothing but estimate a likelihood? For those who claim to know, are surely putting themselves above all others, by dint of naught but their self-determination?

Do you feel God's power and presence each day?
Or only when u pray?
Do you feel like He loves you for people who believe and you can seek refuge and comfort in Him?

Or do you get it from Jesus?
Do I feel power and presence each day? Yes
Only when u pray? Not like that
... like He loves you ...? Not like that
... from Jesus? No

I'm not Christian. I do not subscribe to any standard or established religion. I believe that religions are manmade for man. I do not believe in ceremonial activities such as prayer. I don't believe any of that is necessary. I do not believe God is a magical being like a genie or Santa Clause that grants wishes or answers prayers, gives blessings, etc. I do not believe that God is petty enough to need any approval, worship or admiration. I do not believe that God only loves someone or will "Bless" them if, or especially if, another person requests (prays for) it.

I believe that God IS the universe - in it's entirety, not a human being form that created it. I do not believe that God prefers or is more loving or affectionate to any particular human or any particular organism or any planet, or galaxy or anything. I believe God loves it all fully and equally; it is his creation - his being - Himself.

I realize this is a very dangerous subject and I fear I have said too much. Just know that these are my personal beliefs and I do not condemn or judge anyone else's beliefs.

I've yet to find evidence for anything in my world that says that something other than a god of whatever sort we wish to come up with (for there are a great many, and who is to say which is the one, and which of the hundreds, even thousands, are not?), could not have come up with it too! Nothing that could only be by the agency of a god (and the lack of definition of god is a difficult aspect of this conversation).

I have also no reason to believe that, which some other person may experience, could not be experienced as that which they regard as god, or their god. For what really is god, in the end? That which cannot be explained? It seems the most meaningful definition I could think of, practically by definition?

After all, none of us can experience reality, so who is to say what is or isn't to be? When we get down to it, surely we can do nothing but estimate a likelihood? For those who claim to know, are surely putting themselves above all others, by dint of naught but their self-determination?
1+1=2
Either God exists or not, if yes, then can we meet him on earth? i say yes.

Personally speaking, if there really has to be a god, then it's the moment of the so-called big bang, because we can never know what came before that, because there was no universe, no space, no time. It's at that point, that we can say it's anything at all because there's equally no point in calling it anything at all. If ever there can truly be nothing, is that not what it is?
And is not god, by it's various definitions, unknowable? And this leaves faith, anathema to some, everything to others. So in the end it can only be something so subjective, each to their own and for you and I, never the twain will meet.

I'm Hellenic and Platonic
Most of what Christians get from God I get from the loving memory and spirit of my grandad. He's my source of cosmic love.

But if s/he does, who made god? And where are they?

There are stuff that is too hard to understand, we can barely understand ourselves so why we should understand God so easily, a theme in the bible about God, is that he always existed he is eternal.

There are stuff that is too hard to understand, we can barely understand ourselves so why we should understand God so easily, a theme in the bible about God, is that he always existed he is eternal.
My point, I'm afraid, was probably on the opposite end of that spectrum!

God of the gaps (or a divine fallacy) is a logical fallacy that occurs when believers invoke Goddidit (or a variant) in order to account for some natural phenomena that science cannot (at the time of the argument) explain. This concept resembles what systems theorists refer to as an "explanatory principle". "God of the gaps" is a bad argument not only on logical grounds, but on empirical grounds: there is a long history of "gaps" being filled and the remaining gaps for God thus getting smaller and smaller, suggesting "we don't know yet" as an alternative that works better in practice; naturalistic explanations for still-mysterious phenomena always remain possible, especially in the future where research may uncover more information.

Invoking a God of the Gaps is a didit fallacy and an ad hoc fallacy, as well as an argument from incredulity or an argument from ignorance, and is thus an informal fallacy

I still think one of the problems we have is the nature of what each of us considers god to be. We can all argue our little hearts out, but regardless of our placement in that field, we never really know what we are really arguing about, because of this impossible-to-match god. Such an amorphous subject, such a wide scope of parts and understanding, so much of which is built on our individual lives and experiences.
Can even two members of the same church have the same idea of what their god really is? I'm repeating myself, but god must surely be what lies beyond the known? And that means it's always something personal.
To attribute a gender seems so anthropomorphic, and if god has gender, this posits the possible existence of gods opposite gender as a peer, or at least of his, what, species?
But even then, because it's always personal, no-one, not I, not anyone else, can dispute someone else's god, just as they can't impose their god on anyone else. Even if they try, what they really impose is something else.

I felt something earlier but I think it was just a muscle cramp in my foot.

If God loves me, why did he take my daughter? She was just a child. Difficult to have faith in a deity that would do such an evil thing. :(
Sorry that that was your experience. I have no words of comfort - tears flow

Not like this. What I experienced is written in the Bible.

I wrote an account of it on this site.

For those who claim to know, are surely putting themselves above all others, by dint of naught but their self-determination?

Got a question for you to ponder. If you ask God who he is. What answer would you expect in return? That we could understand and remember?

I am that I am.

If I say I know God and you say you know God. How do you differentiate from each other? By the written word he leaves behind? Or the materials man writes about him?
Which do you believe? Is it not still faith to believe the materials man make’s versus God’s?

In the end faith is the answer. You choose to believe and by that choice you establish your conception of reality. Until something challenges it. Then you must analyze it threw the lense of the reality you have faith in. Ignoring possible clues of an alternative truth for the justification.

I am however unique in one way. My experience with God came before my knowledge of religion or faith. Before I could speak man’s tongue or his words.
Or read that which was written.

New Threads

Top Bottom