• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you enjoy being an aspie/autist?

superboyian

Former Co-Owner
V.I.P Member
For me, it is half and half, there are days where I will enjoy having it and then there are other days where I will not enjoy having it, but without that, I wouldn't be the person who I'am today and this site would certainly not exist either. :lol:

Also I'm feeling grateful for having it because it has also gotten me really far in life. :D

I enjoy being an autie. It's cool to really have a gift to focus on what I really love, despite opposition from others who simply aren't me.

I wouldn't say I "enjoy" having Aspergers. I am glad I have it although there are times when things get difficult. I am sure that when I am on the verge of having a meltdown or an outburst, I become more autistic, recently to the point where I couldn't even think of the words to say. I have also had times where I seem to become more NT and I can talk to people and can't concentrate on the things that I would normally think about.

If that counts as experience of being more/less autistic then I can surely say that I am happy about where I am on the spectrum.

To be honest, I hate being an aspie. I hate it because I can't live like a normal adult. I can't handle going anywhere by myself, getting a job, driving or living independently. I can't function without my medications (though the doc says I would have needed those anyway even if I didn't have AS). I just wish I could live a normal life without being plagued by mental illness or AS. I just want to be able to go out and do all the things most people my age do.

But unfortunately, that's not going to happen. I am the way I am because that's how God made me, and the sooner I accept that, the better.

How can you "enjoy" it? I don`t mean that I hate it but I just can`t see how someone can "enjoy" for being Aspie or totally normal.

And yes, Aspies usually do have some disadvantages but you can learn to copy with it. You might even be able to use them for your advantage. It depends.

But if I had the change to "cure" me from my Asperger Syndrome, I would decline because if I get rid of my Aspergers I would`t be Me anymore. You know what I mean? It`s a part of me which existence I`m have to accept for my own good.

But if I had the change to "cure" me from my Asperger Syndrome, I would decline because if I get rid of my Aspergers I would`t be Me anymore. You know what I mean? It`s a part of me which existence I`m have to accept for my own good.

I would totally agree, I would of done the same.

Sometimes I beanhatch about it, but there is times when
I shood not. There is always someone else worse off than me.

It cxdoes get me down wsometimes, but what can I do?

Keep pikcking boogers I guess.

I'd agree with little Tigger here. Autism might drag us down but nevertheless, we try to live with it, in peace. Even if this means some down days...

As long as we live to our best, do we need to bother what others think about us if we are doing things as right as we can do?

I don't really care either way. My being could be cut up in different ways and applied different labels. At the end of the day I'm me, I have my good points and bad points and I don't attempt to attribute any of them to being autistic.

New Threads

Top Bottom