• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you Decorate for Christmas?

OkRad

μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος οὐλομένην
V.I.P Member
Post your lights, if you do. I love lights. I am hoping to get a pathetic little string for the room I am living in right now. To cheer it. Or a glowing little tree :)

Post your lights, if you do. I love lights. I am hoping to get a pathetic little string for the room I am living in right now. To cheer it. Or a glowing little tree :)

Get the lights and the tree!!!! It will cheer you up and the ornaments are so fun. My favorite Christmas decoration. I do miss the smell of a real tree but don't like cutting one down for no good reason. You could get a small tree that's prelit so you don't have to fuss with putting the lights on it. Sometimes the drug store chains have them at very reasonable prices.

Yes, but this year just lights in the windows and a tree. I like the lights too and leave them on all the time and won't take them down till I have too. :D Don't have a easy way to take pictures. If you get lights the new LED type are good. Don't get hot and use little electricity.

Here is a pic (not great quality as I used the iPad), of one of the rooms with twinkle lights. They even have a remote control. These cheer up the place for me, especially in winter. Oh, and they are the led type.
IMG_2735.JPG

I like lights but get over whelmed by them so have to limet them and the decorations.

Any lights which are too flickr trigger my epilepsy.

I like lights but get over whelmed by them so have to limet them and the decorations.

Any lights which are too flickr trigger my epilepsy.
I get panic attacks from them ,for some reason if they are far-off up the street I can look at them for a second then I start to feel sick .

I don't personally do any decorating, but I do enjoy driving around seeing how homeowners use outdoor decorative lights. Seems like once we began to emerge from the recession there was quite an upsurge in how people decorated their homes at Christmas.

Some are even multimedia events, with flashing lights coordinated with music you can tune into on a local frequency with your car radio. :cool:

Though this year there have been warnings given to using laser lights, as they seem to sometimes interfere with passenger aircraft landing at the airport. :eek:

Last edited:
Last Christmas I bought a living tree, then after the holidays I potted it up and let it be an outdoors plant. So it is back inside, and we'll decorate it tonight. Hopefully there are no "hitchhikers" (mice) in it. If so, they're likely to end up as presents for the cats.

Last Christmas I bought a living tree, then after the holidays I potted it up and let it be an outdoors plant. So it is back inside, and we'll decorate it tonight. Hopefully there are no "hitchhikers" (mice) in it. If so, they're likely to end up as presents for the cats.

Glad you handle nature so effectively. Some folks don't do so well along such lines.

Those poor Griswolds...:eek:

New Threads

Top Bottom