• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you annoy NTs without realizing it?

If someone, NT or otherwise, told me that I annoyed them it would just lead me to continue to annoy them. Either that or point out what I find their massive list of flaws to be.

Although, I have at times got the feeling where I was getting on someone's nerves. One time I was talking to a group of friends outside of class (both of them were dating) and the female said "I don't believe in marriage." Her boyfriend was aghast and asked, "What do you believe in?" She jokingly said, "Anal." Well when I seen her next time in Introduction to Statistics, I casually reminded her of this little morsel and she gave me a death glare followed by telling me to be quiet. To be fair though it was pretty shady to bring that up in a class setting, even if I was whispering.

I have another class where there is a person with HFA. He tends to bring up being autistic a lot and I feel it annoys some of my NT classmates as well.

I can get annoyed by them just as much without them realizing or even caring, so it's a two-way street at this point. If someone's really that irritated just by my sheer presence alone and for all the wrong reasons or petty little stuff, well then it's not worth it to take the time to get to know them is it? **** 'em.

That's not to say that I'm completely reckless; I do try to clear up any misunderstandings from time to time when it comes to serious social offenses, but if they want to continue to be persistent regarding their side of things then I won't even bother. In fact, if anything it makes me want to annoy them even further, even when I can't always afford to do so.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom