• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

do i have schizophrenia

jane_doe

So this i gonna sound strange but heres the story.

Also im not crazy

Back when i was really little there was this voice in head. It would read aloud what was happening in my head like it was a book. I got really good at ignoring it and then it went away. I never told anyone, thought it was a autism thing. But now's it come back. Like loud. I dont no how but it sounds yellowish,green . I asked some autistic people but they had never even heard of this. So ask a mental health person on the internet but because its not trauma related they didn't help. So i looked into it a little more and according to nhs i have all 8 symptoms of a mild schizophrenia

the voice isn't threatening it just sounds strange and is sometimes distracting. is this a autism thing or should i be concerned or talk to the doctor.

I have never heard of that being associated with autism though people can have autism and another condition (or more) together. I would definately consult a doctor about it.

It’s best to meet with a doctor to see if you can get tested. You can have autism and have another condition. It’s very common. I hope you are able to get some tests soon. They really help to narrow down conditions snd symptoms. I’m wishing you the best. :fourleaf:

It’s best to meet with a doctor to see if you can get tested. You can have autism and have another condition. It’s very common. I hope you are able to get some tests soon. They really help to narrow down conditions snd symptoms. I’m wishing you the best. :fourleaf:
Agreed, I have ASD & BP

the voice isn't threatening it just sounds strange and is sometimes distracting. is this a autism thing or should i be concerned or talk to the doctor.
Hi @jane_doe
Hearing voices is not usually an autism thing. It could be a sign of schizophrenia, but maybe not. Best check in with a doctor

Welcome to the Forums, as well

Hello, and welcome to the forum. We definitely won’t be able to tell you clearly yes or no, here. This is something to discuss with a qualified mental health professional. If the one that you spoke to online was unable to help, perhaps you could keep looking for another one somewhere. For many of us, it unfortunately took a little while to find a psychiatrist or a doctor that was able to help. It is not uncommon to have comorbid conditions along with autism. So this is definitely something to explore with a professional.

In the meantime, until you can discuss it with someone, it is good to hear that it is not giving you much trouble. It doesn’t sound overly disruptive to your life at the moment, and that is a very positive thing.

I hope you stick around and get to know us. This is a safe and welcoming space and we would be glad to have you on the forum.

If at anytime you feel this voice is asking you to do something to yourself or somebody else by putting them in danger ,please immediately get to the emergency room, and tell the MD exactly what happened.
Excellent you came here and opened up about this. This speaks of your awareness of this, and you were open about realizing this and questioning it. A medical person should be able to help you further. Don't forget, you can change your doctor, ask for different medication, if you don't find success.

New Threads

Top Bottom