• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do autistics/ADHDs miss people?

I can go months without any contact with friends and then pick it up again like we were never apart.

One of the aspergers videos I watched said that was an aspie trait. I'm not sure why there would be a difference, but maybe it's because the NT person had 3 kids and a life while I sat around stimming, and they're still the last person I talked to.

I heard from an autistic herself that autistics don't miss people. I also saw endless comments in an ADHD Facebook group that they don't miss people either. Like "out of sight out of mind" is a common attitude among us.

I'm PDD-NOS (on the spectrum) and ADHD, but I miss people tremendously. Whenever somebody's absent from work I always miss them, miss talking to them, and miss them just being there. It feels like an empty gap without them. The only time I don't miss someone is if I don't like them or don't really talk to them much. But if I like them and get on with them, I miss them a lot and have to keep telling myself that they need time off too. This usually helps me deal with their absence.

I also miss my family, which is why we phone each other every day. But when I'm with my family and my husband isn't with me, I miss him.
Does anyone else with ASD or ADHD miss people?
I miss people.
Sometimes you get sick of others,and need a bit of space especially if that relationship is not being what you need at the time but I definitely have secret missing people parts

Maybe it isn't autism or ADHD-related not to miss people then. But a rather famous and genuine autistic woman herself said on the TV once that autistics don't miss people.

But I think a lot of autistics see every personality trait of their's and assume it's an autism thing. Like on one autism forum someone literally pointed out a completely normal facial feature in humans and said it was an autism facial feature and their proof was that every autistic person they met had this facial feature, and they obviously didn't look close enough at any non-autistic people's facial features, because it was a common fact that this particular facial feature was a normal human feature and the only people who lacked it were downs syndrome people lol.

Maybe it isn't autism or ADHD-related not to miss people then. But a rather famous and genuine autistic woman herself said on the TV once that autistics don't miss people.

But I think a lot of autistics see every personality trait of their's and assume it's an autism thing. Like on one autism forum someone literally pointed out a completely normal facial feature in humans and said it was an autism facial feature and their proof was that every autistic person they met had this facial feature, and they obviously didn't look close enough at any non-autistic people's facial features, because it was a common fact that this particular facial feature was a normal human feature and the only people who lacked it were downs syndrome people lol.
I don't think it's safe to say a characteristic isn't rooted in autism just because it isn't universal among autists. When I discovered I was autistic at 68yo, I was first overjoyed that others are like me; within a year or two I was disappointed how little of my nature is common, let alone universal, among autists.

I miss people; some of them at least. Others I am okay as long as they're okay too. I have too many problems to always miss people. I don't deal with death well or when people leave my life for good. I was deeply connected to my paternal grandmother and over a decade later I miss her greatly. The last year or so I've been finding myself weeping, even in public sometimes, when I think of her. I also miss my stepdad because he passed away after being in ICU for three weeks. I miss his funny remarks and gentle demeanor. He meant a lot to me even though I didn't really have him all that long in my life. There are others though I feel no feelings one way or the other that they are gone. I remember them and remember the good times we had but I feel no longing to be around them again. I don't care if I ever see them again, but I wish them well.

New Threads

Top Bottom