• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Digestive issues

I state in my same post you reference that I'm referring to diets high in "processed foods, frozen foods, fast food or restaurant food." Different cultures have nothing to do with it. A person in the U.S. from Middle Eastern, African, Mexican descent who eats primarily processed foods, frozen processed foods, fast food or restaurant food is going to have digestive issues including constipation compared to a person, regardless of their culture, who eats the unprocessed natural foods I also mention in the same post.
Correct, so let's not state western diet and be mindful....
Varied reasons some do not like fish, and as habit I fed kids chicken for young digestive systems but it could be applied to autism too, chicken isn't necessarily low fat but that's probably a good thing.

Let's review green banana chips....is it healthy? Is it fried/baked? Preservatives? Are many healthy snacks a gimmick? Well yes, depending on artificial flavours it looses it's vital tag! Are rice cakes healthy, um, actually no!! Neither are rice crispies, zero nutritional value but if you have celiac it's an alternative to crackers. Is health bread healthy? I'm it does have bad stuff as preservatives so oats n honey bread or seed loaves may be highly deceptive.
So shoot me down for occasional cream soda and Doritos chips but ye, reconstituted, red dye cranberry juice isn't that much better than MC Donald's....

But mostly the point I wanted to add to this thread is chicken is best for autism digestive tract, I'm not nutrition guru however the info is posted to be useful

Parts of eastern diet to avoid:
Game fish containing mercury, most fish farms set standard below European tolerance of lice on fish farms. Tilapia has bad omega 6 to 12 ratio. Many fatty fishes need specific recipes to taste good.
Even if tempura prawns battered in brown crumbs, it is better to try prawns in olive oil and garlic!! (Healthy choice is grilled fish, less batter and oil)
With technology like ovens and grills we can make healthier food options but bit of lard is actually good. Flap jacks are better Japanese/French fritters.

Peanut butter should be termed peanut spread for accuracy as it's not butter, not even a margarine it's corn oils, binding ingredients....so even peanut flavoured mini-kebabs have western preservatives!!

2 Min noodles are more toxic than whole of MC Donald's ..... Check it out, even adding plastic so don't buy noodles with Asian text as doesn't digest.

Amount of cosmetic surgeries aimed at women is most insulting. This is grave health concern and should be pinned onto feminist board for review. The before/after pictures are astounding with lack self acceptance!!

Mostly from watching elon Musk's videos on why trains and cities in Asia are superior,
Well musk is a genius at making money, he's marketing others ideas and work. Like Germans who worked electrics for cars it was using existing structure for sewing machine not inventing one.
Easy to criticise what we never built from scratch. All respect to Nicola Tesla but we must remember steam power and how it revolutionalised machinery.

Cleanest city is where I live in Africa, virtually no pollution, no hidden dirty factory farms for meat eating culture growth....and when test and clean Thames river for Olympics, well most Poland are restored nature reserves....at least trying to clean up the filth from previous generations

I have a lot of GI issues, but... it's more complex than microbiome. I have celiac disease and a bunch of other stuff. Good probiotics are definitely helpful, but cooked vegetables (lower in FODMAPs) and fermented foods are better in my opinion, as an everyday element of diet.

I was ill and ate only vegetable soup and the theory on fibre was debunked because although not constipated I could not digest as well as if I'd had veg curry on rice. This is how rice as a carb actually works as roughage in autism!!

Preservatives affect many things, build up to assist alteimers but constipation is proteins in grains and glutton intolerance. Obviously eating more exacerbates this but preservatives may affect gas and cause indigestion but test theory for yourself. Roughage in western diet has zilch to do with autism

I have a lot of GI issues, but... it's more complex than microbiome. I have celiac disease and a bunch of other stuff. Good probiotics are definitely helpful, but cooked vegetables (lower in FODMAPs) and fermented foods are better in my opinion, as an everyday element of diet.
Having celiac disease would indicate that your pro-biotic choice is correct as of lactose intolerant but I've found a good dose of plain yoghurt (unsweetened no flavour) fixed up my gut, but I don't consume enough dairy.
Some overpriced probiotics are just yeast which you could get from yeast add to raise bread. Youghurt has so many more cultures, so if you can try it to get gut right, not necessary to consume dairy daily.
Kombucha teas...check out what cultures contains

I suggest oat powder or milk from health store (think this is ok for celiac) otherwise ground oats in processor to create oat flour (natural source of potassium for asd...very good)
Spinach or green veggies for iron....and lentils (very good)

Pink Himalayan salts are much more affordable than tissue salts, a must have.

Oh, yes, I meant yogurt as well

From Nutritional Components to Microbiome and MicroRNA
some proteins, such as α-lactalbumin, β-casein, folate-binding protein, haptocorrin, bile salt-stimulated lipase, amylase, α-1 antitrypsin, and lactoferrin, play an auxiliary role for digestion and utilization of various other nutrients

This would be best cultures, does yeast alone work?

Update: I tried not to do wheat yesterday and ate just yogurt, eggs, and chicken. Drinking kefir and kombucha. Today, my bowls promptly evacuated themselves.

Update: I tried not to do wheat yesterday and ate just yogurt, eggs, and chicken. Drinking kefir and kombucha. Today, my bowls promptly evacuated themselves.
I hope you ate some vegetables though? Going completely keto causes health issues for many people, so I'd advise caution. When it comes to microbiome and bowel movement, fibre is also important.

I hope you ate some vegetables though? Going completely keto causes health issues for many people, so I'd advise caution. When it comes to microbiome and bowel movement, fibre is also important.
Ate an orange. Today I had an omelet with spinach.

I think an orange can be too little, but a portion of spinach can do fine - observe your body and how it reacts to the amount of fibre and carbs you're having - preferably complex carbs from vegetables and/or whole grains, not simple carbs from fruit

A few months ago I got diagnosed with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease which forced me to alter my diet even more so.

A few years back I found out that we folks don't have a strand of good bacteria that our digestive tracts need to work properly. Which is part of the reason for the constipation that is experienced. I have to order a special probiotic from Amazon. It helped a lot, but I keep forgetting to eat properly. What are your experiences with this?
I am neurodivergent and have never experienced digestive issues other than nausea and stuff around my time of month.
But with my illness it has become a lot worse.
And trust me when I say both my parents have always experienced it a lot worse even when I was ill before I got too bad.

A few months ago I got diagnosed with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease which forced me to alter my diet even more so.
I am neurodivergent and I have Gilbert's which just means I need to not skip meals and sleep well and take care of myself as far as I'm concerned.
But over time it has grown a lot worse...
I think it is the same with anyone it is wise eat even if you do not feel hungry and it is only something small.
It us important to fuel your body and brain so you do not binge or crash later.
And breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

New Threads

Top Bottom