• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Diagnosed in prison

RainGod

Hi everyone,

My name is Dan. I'm 32 and live in West Fargo, North Dakota, with wife and two toddlers. I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome in 2006 during a psych evaluation ordered by the federal court in Fargo prior to being sentenced for politically motivated vandalism. I didn't embrace the diagnosis at that time, but in the past year and a half my outlook has changed. The final thing that convinced me I'm an Aspie was when I took an online multiple choice test asking me to identify emotions by looking at faces. I took half an hour and got 17 correct answers out of 36, lower than the first percentile. I think the average score was 26 and average test time five minutes (I don't remember exactly). Clearly, my brain processes social cues in an unusual and more strenuous manner than most brains. This explains a lot of my lingering social difficulties in the face of all the self-improvement efforts I have undertaken in the past several years. People confuse me, and the confusion stresses me out.

I recently published an e-novel on Amazon inspired by my experience of being civilly committed as a danger to society back in 2006 (before I faced criminal charges). The novel does not explicitly address asperger's, which I did not even know existed at the time I was committed, but there is a lot of aspie subtext in the way the narrator describes things. Aspies who have read it thus far like it a lot.

I don't want to run afoul of rules or folkways on this forum, so I'm not going to post a link yet. I hope someone can advise me as to whether and how I can do so.

Blessings to all.

Hi, welcome to Aspies Central.

I don't think there would be any problems with posting a link to your book, but I may need to consult with the rest of the mod staff first just to make sure.

Hello Daniel, and welcome to Aspies Central. As IContainMultitudes said, I don't think there is a problem with posting a link to your e-book at all. Still advisable to check with the rest of the mods and the site administrators. Sounds like it's a great book by the way.

New Threads

Top Bottom