• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Deprogramming Ableism

this sort of social programming is sooooooo scary.
i wonder what other isms we could all happily consent to subliminally 'unlearning'

I watched way too many dystopian movies for this to be a good thing.

Granted, getting rid of some ideas might be a good thing, I wonder who decides if these things need to go. And as with many other things, it IMO opens pandora's box... but I'm probably a bit more cynical either way.

Granted, getting rid of some ideas might be a good thing, I wonder who decides if these things need to go. And as with many other things, it IMO opens pandora's box... but I'm probably a bit more cynical either way.

There would be different programs for different deprogrammings, I am sure. Same as there are different language courses so you cam choose whether to learn French or German, there will be different CD-ROMs so the person can choose whether to get rid of racism or misogyny. Most of it happens while you're awake anyhow.

Pandora made the mistake of closing the box too soon, didn't she? In the version I've heard, the last thing in it was hope, which she definitely should have let loose on the world if you ask me.

Have any of you actually taken the implicit association tests mentioned in the article? I'm really curious about the results because I have a hypothesis that aspies would score differently than the general population. I took them a long time ago and they showed no measurable bias concerning race, gender, or sexuality. It did say that I had slight positive bias towards younger people though.

https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/

It's pretty interesting, although this kind of thing could also be used by the military and government. Wonder if they don't do this already?

New Threads

Top Bottom