• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Delusions and Aspergers

i can relate,your definately not alone its a common thing among us, its the scariest feeling in the world to live in constant fear of yourself and others.

Tell me about it. I too once thought that people on the T.V were stopping their acting and then start to ask me questions. It was a really weird experience.

I personally find that this happen because I was on the wrong Antipsychotic or SSRI because stuff like that never happen in my life without taking the meds.

Things seem to be leveled out with my meds and I now no longer perceive these things and can now look back and laugh.

I just wonder what damage these pills do to my liver? and This concerns me a bit, along with the weight I put on from the anti-psychotics.

fear of the outdoors and fear of people caused me to isolate myself, which in turn caused me to go psychotic, because of not being around people and engaging in regular conversations.

Oh my goodness, that is exactly how I feel. Just walking to our bins, seems such a big deal and yes, I am fearful of people; more to the point, because I know people judge, for naturally, do we not all judge in one way and other?!

It most certainly can get depressing when one is scared to do what everyone takes for granted.

Tell me about it. I too once thought that people on the T.V were stopping their acting and then start to ask me questions. It was a really weird experience.

I personally find that this happen because I was on the wrong Antipsychotic or SSRI because stuff like that never happen in my life without taking the meds.

Things seem to be leveled out with my meds and I now no longer perceive these things and can now look back and laugh.

I just wonder what damage these pills do to my liver? and This concerns me a bit, along with the weight I put on from the anti-psychotics.
clintos,you should get your liver checked in a blood test,i get mine checked twice a year but some people get them checked every month on anti pyschotics aparently,perhaps those who are on much higher doseage than me,i couldnt tolerate that-could you? i have crap veins they never show up so the nurses prick around in the arm for a while,euhhhh just thinking about it makes me shiver.

I live in an apartment and have a hard time doing my laundry. not because I am lazy it's just that I do not want to run into people. Because I feel I am in the way or that they are going to engage in a conversation with me.

clintos,you should get your liver checked in a blood test,i get mine checked twice a year but some people get them checked every month on anti pyschotics aparently,perhaps those who are on much higher doseage than me,i couldnt tolerate that-could you? i have crap veins they never show up so the nurses prick around in the arm for a while,euhhhh just thinking about it makes me shiver.

Thats a good suggestion. I'll go see my GP and ask them about that. Needle too I do not mind every few times a year but monthly world suck I can't even image daily.

Yes, we have our delusions for sure. What I started doing was taking notes and recording things. I know it's more work, even just to keep a journal, but I've also been able to train my brain to remember things better. I communicate with a paper trail, keep a journal of events, write down all that is said on phone conversations for bills.

It helps me prove when I'm right and when others are wrong. I can check it before acting/reacting to make sure that I'm not remembering things incorrectly.

I theorize it has to do with our natural disconnect to the understanding of our own emotions. Often our memories filter through emotion (just like with anyone) but since we naturally have a hard time controlling them, they come out askew and often exaggerated. To make things worse we often dwell and obsess to make an askewed thought even more warped until it is a complete delusion.

But rest assured, through hard scientific method, observation and recordings I've also proven most NTs have their own style of delusions. Usually it's a form of pathological lie and it is just as bad as being autistic... just different.

I have a friend that is 10 years older them me, who thinks he's a genius, he always says on how smart he is and that he's God, all knowing. So I intentionally test him on that and find out that imo he's wrong on alot of things and actually isn't all that smart. I now consider him delusional.

But recently, I was told that I am very attractive ( by a female, who happens to be actually really nice) and that I give off an air of confidence and that I can probably put my own sex off! I find that so hard to believe, personally, but there you go.

I was recently told something similar! LOL I was told that other women become intimidated in my presence because, and I quote, "you are smart and beautiful, and like a female tiger who could take them all out, shred them to pieces with your words." If others only knew that what they perceived as confidence was really an armor created purely of insecurity, they would never feel the least bit threatened. :smile:

When I hear how others perceive me versus the way I see myself, it always catches me off guard. And while it's true that, if provoked, I won't hesitate to ferociously defend my clan, I am more like a kitten than a tigress.

This is a hard question. I do not think I have delusions, but how do we know? I have had very profound religious experiences. WHo can say they were delusions? In fact, I want more of them.

This has always been the divide between mystics and seculars. I really am a mystic and had first "expreince" at 14 . Who can say it was not real? Many mystics have been called nuts. I am more a mystic than a nutcase. But others say total nutcase, not a mystic at all.

Depends on how we frame stuff

My psychiatrist calls them intrusive thoughts. I guess as long as you can control them and that they are positive then there is no harm in them.

This is a hard question. I do not think I have delusions, but how do we know? I have had very profound religious experiences. WHo can say they were delusions? In fact, I want more of them.

This has always been the divide between mystics and seculars. I really am a mystic and had first "expreince" at 14 . Who can say it was not real? Many mystics have been called nuts. I am more a mystic than a nutcase. But others say total nutcase, not a mystic at all.

Depends on how we frame stuff

I have intrusive thoughts that are real to me about the devil and hell being on earth and hell being real, I figure if this is real to me, then heaven and God and heaven on earth must be possible. Even if people call me nuts I will not believe them, even if my psychiatrist says I have schizo-affective disorder I look at it as real, a little too real. I have to watch my p's and q's around him before, but, now with a certainty that I am not totally crazy I believe God is on my side and that I should openly talk to him about my problems.

I have intrusive thoughts that are real to me about the devil and hell being on earth and hell being real, I figure if this is real to me, then heaven and God and heaven on earth must be possible. Even if people call me nuts I will not believe them, even if my psychiatrist says I have schizo-affective disorder I look at it as real, a little too real. I have to watch my p's and q's around him before, but, now with a certainty that I am not totally crazy I believe God is on my side and that I should openly talk to him about my problems.

I read a lot of the Christian mystics who were also thought crazy. St Francis for one. There are people whose minds extends beyond what we see. For those of us who this happens to NOW, we are often bullied into submission and some even accept it is a mental illness.

Prior to the age of "enlightenment" and science, these were looked at differently. Yes, a lot of them were considered unstable even back then (Like St Francis), but then they HAD A WAY.

The way of the Mystics has been formally cut off for us now. However, it never can die because it is the way we are created.

If you are a mystic, it has to be channeled properly. Read the Christian mystics and ask God to help you find the way to Him. It is a hard path, but the alternative, if you are a true mystic, is disaster and misery.

You seem to be seeking so hard and you have experiences. There is a good chance you could be a mystic. I cannot say. Only you and God can figure that out.

I disregard my shrinks when they dispairage this. They are a young science. Mystics have been here since GOd created us :)

In India people with schizophrenia type delusions are actually accepted and worshiped. Even Einstein was believed to have aspergers and/or adhd. I like his quote:

"Everybody is a Genius. But If You Judge a Fish by Its Ability to Climb a Tree, It Will Live Its Whole Life Believing that It is Stupid"

I always thought my delusions were stupid. Now I am actually feeling more at ease with them and actually believe them most of the time now.

That aliens and ghosts are reading my mind and are all around, plotting to kill me.
I am certain the government is watching me, because they watch everyone and I have said mean things about Feminism and Islam and in Europe already they arrest you for it, only a matter of time in Canada with our prime minister.

In India people with schizophrenia type delusions are actually accepted and worshiped. Even Einstein was believed to have aspergers and/or adhd. I like his quote:

"Everybody is a Genius. But If You Judge a Fish by Its Ability to Climb a Tree, It Will Live Its Whole Life Believing that It is Stupid"

I always thought my delusions were stupid. Now I am actually feeling more at ease with them and actually believe them most of the time now.

I don't think ghosts watching me and plotting my death is something I should believe or think is totally fine.

New Threads

Top Bottom