• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

De-tachment in relationships

Kayla55

Having limited experience in keeping a steady boyfriend and having many one night stands can result in women detaching from emotional self and purely performing sex as if they were men.
Since asd females tend to have issues with emotional identification this can have damaging effects on her psyche and growth....if further limits her ability to have proper emotional bond and hence it is recommended to teach teenage girls how to respect themselves, how to gain a man's respect and how to identify and reach for love in a relationship.

Another aspect was that love a girl receives from family and relationships affects her ability to display love and teach her children emotional wellbeing, it is devestating when asd females develop attachment issues as it's already difficult to navigate a world of a women in sense of not believing she is bread winner and has nurturing abilities.

Its not to discourage young daughters from being intellectual, it's to not break spirit dreams with unrealistic guidelines that women are achieving equal success. To prevent what could be termed a dry-breakdown asd females may benefit from guidance and patience in learning to have a long term boyfriend, and if she responds is to give extra support in femine sports and dance to try lessen dry-breakdown!!

Feel free to disagree

I agree with you. There can be exceptions with anything. Otherwise, there would be no women who hook up at all. Most women because of general physicality, culture, and social norms, I agree, due tend to require more emotional bonds whereas men in general want it faster.

I used to be unusual in that I wanted to take my time with a guy (and I am a guy), but after experience and understanding sexuality and risk tolerance, and having been so long without any of it, I craved it much more.

New Threads

Top Bottom