• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Day one .

bonnie79

My first day on here ..... and I am already getting so much from Aspies Central. Why did I not do this sooner. I'm a partner of an aspie , and I did this to support him. I have now realised that I to am doing this for me. I'm feeling somewhat relieved . I was worried that not being an aspie myself .... I may not of been a great member for this site. I was wrong .

Welcome to the forum :)
Education should be for everyone and you should learn a lot about aspies and possibly yourself here.

Bonnie, high five you lol :D

Wow what an amazing attitude you have and I cry because I wish my husband was like you. Perhaps being a female makes the difference though, eh?

At first, the idea of nts being on here, freaked me out, but I now feel completely the opposite, for the couple who are nts on here, are just amazing and help to sort out aspie traits.

Aspiecentral is just mind blowing! Never has a forum been so active as this one!

Thank you Suzanne. To be honest I never thought about it as a positive attitude .... I love him. And if he didn't have aspergers he wouldn't be the man I love. So I love the aspie in him to. But I wanted to learn about this more .... and I am someone who believes in speaking to those who have the condition themselves rather than the so called 'professionals' who claim to know more about apergers than anyone. Utter bollocks lol. The only people who know truly everything there is to know about it are the Aspies themselves . End of.
My partner often talks about how he feels like he is in a world where he just doesn't belong. So I want to help create our own world (relationship) where he does belong. A safe place.

Thank you Suzanne. To be honest I never thought about it as a positive attitude .... I love him. And if he didn't have aspergers he wouldn't be the man I love. So I love the aspie in him to. But I wanted to learn about this more .... and I am someone who believes in speaking to those who have the condition themselves rather than the so called 'professionals' who claim to know more about apergers than anyone. Utter bollocks lol. The only people who know truly everything there is to know about it are the Aspies themselves . End of.
My partner often talks about how he feels like he is in a world where he just doesn't belong. So I want to help create our own world (relationship) where he does belong. A safe place.

I am not into giving hugs, or more to the point, they leave me cold, but honestly, I could hug you lol How right you are and it impresses me that as an nt, you should think like an aspie, but perhaps that is what comes with living with an aspie. Even my husband sometimes finds himself mimicking me! I have always believed that the person who has the issue, is the best advocate for knowing; but is an assumption that because we are aspie, we do not have the mental capacity to know and thus, need "normal" people to tell us ( no offense to yourself).

To be fair on my husband, he has to deal with me being one, after 23 years of thinking I was normal, but not normal.

Yes, your guy is so accurate that we feel like we are in a world where we do not belong. It is torture when you are older and have no choice but to be in the world, and yet, feel like a child. Work, mortgages etc etc, wiz passed me and I tend to bluff my way out, when asked! I even find writing cheques out be being like playing at being grown up. But to be fair on me, I am having no choice to live in France and so, freaked out on a daily basis. I do not see it as an adventure!

I really do have maximum respect for you. I can't imagine how hard it must be. But I guess we have to work with the card's dealt. And me and my aspie are certainly going to give it the best we have. He's fought too long for his diagnosis ..... now it's about him. Not me . Hence why I'm here.

It's wonderful that you're so interested in supporting him! I just think the world of NTs who joining forums like this for the sake of education and understanding loved ones.

I also feel really grateful that my NT partner has a similar attitude to you. She is also very supportive and willing to learn. Your man is lucky to have such an open minded partner. :)

Welcome! We don't care whether our members are on the spectrum...just that they are able to tolerate those of us who are. ;) I'm glad you've made the decision to learn more in order to better support your partner. :)

My first day on here ..... and I am already getting so much from Aspies Central. Why did I not do this sooner. I'm a partner of an aspie , and I did this to support him. I have now realised that I to am doing this for me. I'm feeling somewhat relieved . I was worried that not being an aspie myself .... I may not of been a great member for this site. I was wrong .
Your husband is a very lucky man! Welcome.

Non-Aspies are always more than welcome here, married to one or no. Y'all need a little help and support sometimes too. :)
I don't know right off-hand if your husband has an account, but he's also welcome to drop by.

New Threads

Top Bottom