• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Current book(s) you're reading?

I was first handed Murakami's "Dance Dance Dance", then read Kafka, and a couple of others whose titles I can't remember. Most recently I read Bird. I found him quite unique and enjoyable at first, but like my experience with Pynchon, I think I've had my fill now.

I was first handed Murakami's "Dance Dance Dance", then read Kafka, and a couple of others whose titles I can't remember. Most recently I read Bird. I found him quite unique and enjoyable at first, but like my experience with Pynchon, I think I've had my fill now.

I started with Kafka and have enjoyed the three books to date, but I'm going back to sci-fi after this with a re-reading of the Dune classics.

I started with Kafka and have enjoyed the three books to date, but I'm going back to sci-fi after this with a re-reading of the Dune classics.

Neal Asher, Alistair Reynolds, Iain Banks, Richard K. Morgan, William Gibson (he's not really sci-fi, I know). Some of the very enjoyable reading I've been doing lately.

Why do brits seem to write so much of the stuff I like to read?

Last edited:
2, sons of the southern cross by Grantlee Kieza and rereading again (3rd time) tethered by Amy mackinnon. Both brilliant books! Especially the 2nd, but if you have a queazy stomach don't!

Started reading Neuromancer after a recent chat on here. It's been sitting in my collection for a while so decided to give it a run.

So far, so good :)

I rescued an MMP copy that had been stripped and was bound for the recycling bin (I work in a bookshop) and it's on my to-read list. Let us know how it is! He's one of my favorite authors.

Just finished it, was looking to see if there is a sequel but no luck. It was a great story with an imaginative use of the names around London, like you, I love his work.

Thinking that a re-read of his American Gods is next.

Just finished it, was looking to see if there is a sequel but no luck. It was a great story with an imaginative use of the names around London, like you, I love his work.

Thinking that a re-read of his American Gods is next.
I must be honest, I didn't care much for American Gods...but that may be because there were so many characters and the plot was so convoluted that I had a hard time following it. However, I can't describe how pleased I was that the denouement was set in Chattanooga, near where I live! His description of Rock City is spot-on. Have you read The Ocean at the End of the Lane? That might be my favorite of his. His short stories are wonderful as well.

I must be honest, I didn't care much for American Gods...but that may be because there were so many characters and the plot was so convoluted that I had a hard time following it. However, I can't describe how pleased I was that the denouement was set in Chattanooga, near where I live! His description of Rock City is spot-on. Have you read The Ocean at the End of the Lane? That might be my favorite of his. His short stories are wonderful as well.

I haven't read The Ocean... yet, I keep meaning to get it and then find something else. Everyone is recommending it so I guess I'll have to take the leap.

I haven't read The Ocean... yet, I keep meaning to get it and then find something else. Everyone is recommending it so I guess I'll have to take the leap.
It's beautiful. I read it with a few cups of tea on a rainy afternoon. Incidentally, a few days ago I featured it on one of our front displays and I sold it to a woman who had never heard of it, she had simply seen it on the table and thought it looked interesting. Needless to say I sung its praises as I was checking her out. :)

It's beautiful. I read it with a few cups of tea on a rainy afternoon. Incidentally, a few days ago I featured it on one of our front displays and I sold it to a woman who had never heard of it, she had simply seen it on the table and thought it looked interesting. Needless to say I sung its praises as I was checking her out. :)

I shall definitly give it a go then ;)

Circulating between "Flatland", "The Weirdstone of Brisingamen", "The World of A-Null", and "Learning by Writing". All books I want to read, without any weighing more than any other, so I can't prioritize.

In print books, "Les Misérables", or really just the first part, "Fantine", yet.

Wow, cool. All the serial killer books I've read have been male serial killers. I'll check on the Kindle store for this one!

Go for it, I'm only about 75 pages in, but it's already starting to be one of the best-written true crime analyses I've ever read. Vronsky's first book, "Serial Killers: The Method And Madness" is really informative, but in my humble opinion, badly written and at times a little sensationalist. The follow-up, though, "Female Serial Killers," is not really just a study of homicidal female psychopathy, it's also a look into the aspects of gender roles that are involved in homicide, and a look into gender roles, wherein some of them are tested a bit when violence comes into the picture. Personally, I would rather read this sort of analysis as written from a female perspective, but Vronsky does discuss that issue in depth in the introduction (as it turns out, most serious analysis of female violence, until recently, was generally undertaken by radical feminist authors, who often falsified statistics and such). I have to say, although it's bone-chillingly well-worded, I somehow feel a woman might have been able to make my blood run a lot colder.

New Threads

Top Bottom