• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Current book(s) you're reading?

Finished President Jimmy Carter's "The Virtues of Aging."

Reviewing "Fodor's 90 Hawaii" since my therapist is vacationing over there. Plus it's the Summer ;0)
Got it for .25 at a garage sale so don't care it's dated.

I downloaded The Complete Sherlock Holmes from IBooks yesterday and read the first story. It was free. It is also 5,698 pages.

I am enjoying my day off, drizzly, cool, and rainy, to read Neil Gaiman's The Ocean at the End of the Lane. I really like it.

Finished Neil Gaiman's new novel. I loved it, but I cannot say why. Which could be why I loved it. That is, I suppose, why I always liked his books, and Garc?a M?rquez, and the like.

I used to want to be a novelist.
The only reasons I don't now are
1. It seems like a difficult way to make a living, and
2. I know that I would become very very very absorbed in the worlds created by my imagination.

Finished Neil Gaiman's new novel. I loved it, but I cannot say why. Which could be why I loved it. That is, I suppose, why I always liked his books, and Garc?a M?rquez, and the like.

Love Marquez and magic realism. Did you read Like Water for Chocolate?

'Bout to start this short novel:

case-of-charles-dexter-ward.jpg

The Rabbit's Cat, by Joann Sfar. There is a photo of he author and the cat who modeled for him. Remarkably long nose/muzzle on the cat.
The Dyslexic Advantage, by Eide & Eide.

I read most of The Clockwork Angel, but stopped because, to be honest, it got boring, seemed to be going nowhere fast. So it is back to my geek-lit: Sean Carroll's From Eternity to Here (yup, still have not finished it!), and I am about to crack open Brian Greene's The Fabric of the Cosmos and Neil deGrasse Tyson's The Space Chronicles.

I am very much looking forward to reading Paul Offit's Do You Believe in Magic? which is about the alternative medicine industry.

I am very much looking forward to reading Paul Offit's Do You Believe in Magic? which is about the alternative medicine industry.

I remember hearing about this book. It sounds interesting. I'd better add it to my Kindle wish list now before I forget.

New Threads

Top Bottom