• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Crisps mouth feel

thejuice

Anyone struggle with crisps being too salty and the feeling of it getting in between your teeth?

The inside of my mouth feels like it's getting ripped to shreds!

The salt doesn't bother me, however, yes, I constantly wonder why I don't hear anyone else complaining about corn or potato chips abrading the inside of their mouth. They're tasty, but if you're not very methodical about flattening them all before you bite down, you're liable to wind up with terrible gouges and cuts all over your mouth. Could be another example of stuff that other people do instinctively, so they never complain about it.

Incidentally, crisps are said to be "chips" in the US, but British chips would be said to be "fries" instead. You don't stand in line, you form a queue, you don't take the elevator, but rather the lift, and you never get angry, you merely grow rather cross.

Cap'n Crunch cereal which I used to eat, when I was in high school,
scraped the inside of my mouth. Later I found out it wasn't just me.
Other people had that happen to them, too.

Cap'n Crunch cereal which I used to eat, when I was in high school,
scraped the inside of my mouth. Later I found out it wasn't just me.
Other people had that happen to them, too.

I've never understood "crunch" as a very commonly stated selling point for cereal. I let mine soak intentionally, but you don't want it to go until it's porridge, or whatever.

I think it's more getting sores in the roof of my mouth, cheeks and tongue from the high salt content, rather than any physical scraping.

It might actually be acidic attack as they were salt n vinegar. it does 'feel' like my mouth is cut up after!

I think people may be eating crisps wrong. It's supposed to be chewed with the teeth, not the roof of mouths. ;) But I do eat crisps a little slower than other food, because if you get one piece pointing the wrong way and bite down on it, that's painful. Stabbing yourself in the mouth with crisps.

I like to add extra salt and pepper to my salt and pepper crips, yum.
Meanwhile the rest of the world is like; what's wrong with you, don't you know how to chew? Yeah, I like to chew things in a consistent way, and not have to worry about whether my "crisps" work like knives at the wrong angle, but whatever. I couldn't stand shirt tags at about eight, and somewhere around 44, I'll learn proper Dorito discipline. I'm highly motivated.

Is that what they call chips somewhere outside the US? It took me an extra second to figure out what was being discussed.

Sandwiches made with toasted bread tend to lacerate the roof of my mouth right behind my front teeth when I take a bite.

Sandwiches made with toasted bread tend to lacerate the roof of my mouth right behind my front teeth when I take a bite.
Options are:

- We're the only one this sort of thing happens to
- We're the only ones who notice
- We're the only ones who whine about it
- We're the only ones who exert conscious effort to deal with it

Not sure which one applies.

Options are:

- We're the only one this sort of thing happens to
- We're the only ones who notice
- We're the only ones who whine about it
- We're the only ones who exert conscious effort to deal with it

Not sure which one applies.

The only ones to have a problem with it yet continue eating it?

I mean, unless you mean where nobody thinks you're a living thing, except for the ones who want to shove broken glass down your throat to hurt you until you think it's the only thing there is to eat.

I never toast bread. Do the chips go on the bread or they're separate?

It's not exactly a overly common practice to combine them, but you can do that. No one can tell you no. Food, and cooking in general, is a experimental medium, like art.

New Threads

Top Bottom