• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Creation theories?

dakota dorner

I would like to hear a few creation theories. I generally do not like to think about such things because then I start thinking about what came before that and before that and I deduce that there is no reason whatsoever that we should exist at all nor that anything should exist at all and it scares me. So I would like to hear a few of your theories. Just to put my mind at rest. This is one of the things that makes it impossible for me to sleep when I am thinking. Sometimes I take solace in the fact that other people don't have to think about this on a daily basis. I guess I don't have to think about it either but I cannot stop myself.

I believe that we exist due to being created. I believe this, because I read my bible, every single night and because I love our Creator.

My faith, one of Jehovah's Witnesses, helps me to be some what balanced and to not close myself away from the world.

It was my faith that I first heard about Aspergers and the life story was about a young sister, who has this.

I will give our website to you, and if you feel comfortable with it, please do take a look around and it will ease your whirling thoughts. Jehovah’s Witnesses—Official Website: jw.org

I usually prefer the Genesis theory, with plenty of wondering and imagining on my end.

What I found really neat when I went out hunting creation theories, they all followed a general pattern. A void/darkness, then a barren earth and sun, the earth covered with water, plants and animals, usually at this point the animals come from the sea, and then there was man. And largely varying amounts of gods and creatures killed along the way. Unsurprisingly, the Vikings had the bloodiest creation story I found. I think either an east Asian or aboriginal Australian was a close second.

Once, I read about a goddess who danced the world into creation and I thought that was just awesome! But I have yet to find that story from India again, and that makes me sad.

I'm putting a sensitive label on this thread because in the online world, unfortunately nastiness sometimes crops up when a conversation includes religious subjects.

That being said, feel free to talk about religious things.
It's just important that everyone takes care to avoid being nasty about what anyone else says.

P.S. I'm Catholic, and believe God created everything and still sustains everything in existence.

In my study of metaphysics, I reached a point where the existence of God made more sense than the existence of finite beings.
Of course, this could be written about at much much greater length, but I don't have time or energy.

Reminded me of a joke: So what does an agnostic dyslectic insomniac do at night?
He lies awake in bed wondering if there really is a Dog.

I generally do not like to think about such things because then I start thinking about what came before that and before that and I deduce that there is no reason whatsoever that we should exist at all nor that anything should exist at all and it scares me.
Some new age people believe the universe is an expression of a singe consciousness seeking enlightenment, and each object and organism brings it closer to a perfect state, or something. You're like a drop in an ocean of conscious awareness. I don't know, I haven't felt any underlying ocean, and was raised to believe there was good and evil, which is hard to spot in all the grey area.

I kind of like thinking about suns and planets spinning out of a big bang. I like how they ended up spherical, gravity from spinning I guess. I wonder what's out there, but it seems a bit far away.

I don't think I have very much spiritual instinct. Some people seem to have soul, some people seem soulless. I try to have soul.

... I generally do not like to think about such things because then I start thinking about what came before that and before that and I deduce that there is no reason whatsoever that we should exist at all nor that anything should exist at all and it scares the **** out of me.

I definately relate! It almost literally blows my head gasket. :D

My creation theory may be no more than a rumour, but it's the best I've got.

Research I've conducted intimates that I was created by a big bang, one that was instigated by possibly two beings, a god and a goddess. I regard these as my 'parents' as they apparently imbibed a lot of heavenly wine and merged which caused the big bang. Out of that, I was born and the universe came into existence.

I have no idea what was there before that, I can guess, but it's pointless. So, I just concern myself with why I exist and what the hell do I do with existing.

Often enough I hear people say that there are "so many beautiful things in the world like flowers, consequently a divine creator must exist" or something along those lines. David Attenborough commented that such people "always mean beautiful things like hummingbirds [and that he] always [replies] by saying that [he thinks] of a little child in east Africa with a worm burrowing through his eyeball. The worm cannot live in any other way, except by burrowing through eyeballs." Ironically, I was fairly devoted Christian (believe that god created the world and actively interacts with it) until I entered the international ministry scene. After spending two weeks in a refugee camp and orphanage, there wasn't really a way that I could honorably follow that doctrine anymore. Nowadays, I just humbly say that I don't really know what the story is. The existence of the world does imply that it must of been created at some point, however, I feel that it would be arrogant to assume that the universe itself is incapable of self-sufficient existence (After all, it wasn't long ago that society thought the sun orbited the earth). Personally, I can't see much evidence for deliberate creation so perhaps the big bang is a credible theory.

I would like to hear a few creation theories. I generally do not like to think about such things because then I start thinking about what came before that and before that and I deduce that there is no reason whatsoever that we should exist at all nor that anything should exist at all and it scares the **** out of me. So I would like to hear a few of your theories. Just to put my mind at rest. This is one of the things that makes it impossible for me to sleep when I am thinking. Sometimes I take solace in the fact that other people don't have to think about this on a daily basis. I guess I don't have to think about it either but I cannot stop myself.

I am a Christian but I do not believe in the creation story as depicted in the Old Testament with Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden: I believe that it was a fable/parable at the time developed and spread to "teach" illiterate, nomadic, Semitic sheep-herders.

I do believe God created the Universe and all life in it through the following means: Big Bang > Evolution of Primates eventually into Homo-Sapiens over a VERY long period of time.

Also, I believe it is possible that Homo-Sapiens on our planet were created by advanced, interstellar life-forms (Alien scientists) "seeding" Primates via genetic manipulation. But, this too would be part of God's plan and will.

Last edited:
I was raised Catholic (am not any longer), but their stance has been that the Universe did indeed originate in the Big Bang. In fact, the man who first proposed the idea, Georges LeMaître, was a Catholic monk. I'm inclined to hold to that theory, but I am also open to the idea that it could be wrong...there are alternate theories circulating in the scientific community which could well be viable, especially given that the recent experiment that purportedly showed evidence for the inflationary theory had some serious flaws. If anyone is interested, Lawrence Krauss wrote a book, A Universe from Nothing, that I found fascinating, but unfortunately he uses it as an excuse to knock some theological explanations.

Speaking theologically, there are many different ideas floating about. I wish I had the time to read them in-depth, as I am interested to see what they have to say.

I was raised Catholic (am not any longer), but their stance has been that the Universe did indeed originate in the Big Bang. In fact, the man who first proposed the idea, Georges LeMaître, was a Catholic monk. I'm inclined to hold to that theory, but I am also open to the idea that it could be wrong...there are alternate theories circulating in the scientific community which could well be viable, especially given that the recent experiment that purportedly showed evidence for the inflationary theory had some serious flaws. If anyone is interested, Lawrence Krauss wrote a book, A Universe from Nothing, that I found fascinating, but unfortunately he uses it as an excuse to knock some theological explanations.

Speaking theologically, there are many different ideas floating about. I wish I had the time to read them in-depth, as I am interested to see what they have to say.
I always found the Big Bang Theory to be so in line with the Abrahamic Creation Theory that I never could understand what the fuss was about. Instead "and there was light", it was like "and there was God" suddenly appearing in our universe or having just created it, and then standard creation sequence began with void, water, varmints, and people.

New Threads

Top Bottom