• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Coping with Work & Strangers?

elements

I have never managed to maintain any kind of work due to my response to high levels of stress is hyper focus on tasks and mutism. People tend to hate me and think im horribly rude.. I wish i could find work that would allow me to not speak.

How are you all doing?

If society hates me and does not accept me and wants to marginalize me and beat me up when they see fit, well, shoot.....then let me pay for me to sit around and watch re-runs of SpongsBob Square Pants, study a lot of my special interest and hang out in cool exotic places they can't---because they are WORKING TO SUPPORT ME!

Smile a lot and keep your opinions to yourself. These two things make it much easier. If you smile, then you're friendly and approachable. If you keep your opinions to yourself, you don't risk commiting a faux pas or saying something rude. Also, listen to people and greet them by name at least once a day. Maybe even ask them questions about themselves when you're not busy.

Suddenly, wow, people start to like you. Amazing.

Not, but still helpful.

Last edited:
I have never managed to maintain any kind of work due to my response to high levels of stress is hyper focus on tasks and mutism. People tend to hate me and think im horribly rude.. I wish i could find work that would allow me to not speak.

How are you all doing?

high stress causes notable changes in me too, makes the standard work environment nearly impossible to manage. There are a number of entrepreneurial career choices that don't involve direct interaction with others.

Party Clown?

bigstock-clown-waves-hello-7580746.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom