• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Confusion with Boyfriend

Just curious. When you say "chaos addiction", do you mean this in a nebulous sense, or something much more precise such as "histrionic personality disorder" ?

I've encountered only two people in my life who seemed to fit the description, and found them utterly exhausting to be around for even the most brief of times.

I am not sure whether he would fit into histrionic personality disorder or not. I attributed it to his ability to function extremely efficiently in emergencies. I learned through volunteer work with emergency organizations that some people who handle emergencies especially well can sabotage normal situations to encourage more emergencies. I am not sure the two are connected. It might take me a while to process this information right now.

He was exhausting to be around. When he spent time with me, he was usually talking on the phone almost the entire time. The conversations often involved dramatic events, so were not exactly relaxing to be exposed to.

I am not sure whether he would fit into histrionic personality disorder or not. I attributed it to his ability to function extremely efficiently in emergencies.

Fascinating. I say so for one reason. One of the persons I knew who I suspected had Histrionic Personality Disorder was also employed in a medical capacity. Though at one point they did lose their job related to on-the-job fears.

Last edited:
Yes it is fascinating. I figured out that fires in California were being set by someone who was probably working in some fire related job. I thought he had to be an inspector and sure enough, they caught him. Emergency workers can be touchy about this sort of thing. Naturally I find this even more interesting.

Aspie pattern recognition sure gets some interesting conclusions at times. My pattern recognition seems to be turbo charged. Lol. :D

New Threads

Top Bottom