• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Confidence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
confidence |ˈkänfədəns; -fəˌdens|
noun
the feeling or belief that one can rely on someone or something; firm trust : we had every confidence in the staff | he had gained the young man's confidence.
• the state of feeling certain about the truth of something : it is not possible to say with confidence how much of the increase in sea levels is due to melting glaciers.
• a feeling of self-assurance arising from one's appreciation of one's own abilities or qualities : she's brimming with confidence | [in sing. ] he would walk up those steps with a confidence he didn't feel.
• the telling of private matters or secrets with mutual trust : someone with whom you may raise your suspicions in confidence.
• (often confidences) a secret or private matter told to someone under such a condition of trust : the girls exchanged confidences about their parents.
Most likely refers to the definition in bold.
IDK if that's what you meant/wanted.
EMZ=]

Thanks! Specifically, personal confidence. Belief in yourself & so on. Perhaps somebody could help me with working out the practical application? Suggestions as to what it means in that sense would be appreciated. Thanks.

How much does anybody know about Alexithymia? Any factors increase likelihood of it? Only, as I'm adopted, it's suggested that my parents, not knowing about AS, bringing me up as if I were NT may have cause it? Inadvertently, of course, or made it worse? Anybody any ideas about that, please? Thanks!

Not entirely sure what to say here - but to describe confidence in human terms, I would say it's the feeling, or lack of feeling of being in control in any given situation and the ability to act upon instinct without fear of retribution.

Better not be! I never 'feel' in control. Like I don't 'feel' safe. Not that I 'feel' out of control or unsafe, generally. Just don't 'feel' either way!

Hmm. Chris says that I am confident, but I never feel it. Maybe it's something we can learn to fake, or just naturally have, despite how we feel inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom