• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

College studies stress me out

Libecht

I've been a college freshman for almost a year. My college ranks 2nd in my country, so it's not that easy to get good grades. I worked very hard in the first semester, and passed all subjects with an average grade of A-, which made me the top 25% students. In the next semester, I wanted to be better and better. Not because of those self-fulfilling stuff, but because the better grades I have, the easier it is for me to apply to exchange student, scholarship, well-known grad school and I really really really want those things. But the problem was, subjects like calculus, physics, chemistry got more difficult in this semester. I studied hard, but ended up stressing myself out. At those nights before midterms, I wanted to cry and could barely fall asleep. What's worse: I started cheating. I've cheated for at least 5 times. It didn't raise my grades drastically, at most from B+ to A-. I felt super guilty every time because I usually follow rules and morality strictly, but I just couldn't help. By cheating I could get better grades and reduce my anxiety.
It'd be great if you guys could offer me some tips about reducing stress and getting rid of this bad habit.:(

Here is what worked for me, hope it helps.

• make cheating off limit behavior for yourself. That's it.
• ask your advisor and respected instructors for tips on what the grad schools want to see on your application in addition to transcripts. This is important because lots of grad schools look for signs of well-roundedness (sorry for poor word). For ex. med schools want to see volunteer work and overall passion for life and have been known to choose an applicant who has a record of involvement in extra-curricular activities over a student with "just" all A's.
• practice meditation to give your brain a much needed rest from studies
• go running a few times a week
• eat regularly healthy food whether you feel hungry or not

Cheating can get you kicked out, don't do it.
Ask your professors for extra help in the subjects that cause you most stress.
Relax and breathe :D

New Threads

Top Bottom