• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Cognitive Privilege: Do some NTs view aspies in the same way they view those with low IQ?

Wow, that is something i could have written. Oh yeah, "be urself!!" But how true. Once people know me, dismissed as crazy. And that pity in the eye!!! "You are so talented!" When they are simultaneously thinkng, "omg i would kill myself". But they tell me not to.

Do u have pics if ur illuminations? I would love to see them!!! I can dig up a vid of my memorizing if i can find it!!!!

I'm at work now but will send u a pic or two this week. I also do math illuminations! (I'm such a weirdo - so happy to be among others like me!!!)

IQ is not a benchmark for success or happiness in life, it definitely doesn't give anyone the right to look down at anyone else, inversely i get annoyed when intellectually oriented people prefer to talk with others that are intellectually astute, and are called snobs because of it

Yes.

I can fit in with people less intellectually oriented but I find it more tiring as passing as NT seems to become more important.

I had an official IQ test last year, and I still don't know my official score and probably never will, all I do know is that contrary to popular opinion, I am NOT retarded.

New Threads

Top Bottom