• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Clothing Preference?

Mens' jeans and a loose cotton tshirt is good for me. I can't have anything gaping open to my navel because I'm too cold-natured for that and I can't have anything tight around my neck thanks to some violent idiots I've known in the past. Hoodies I'm a bit uneasy with, the weight of the hood often pulls on the collar and thus ends up choking me, which puts me in a rather irritable mood. But I love how loose they are around the body and arms, so I aim for baggy sweaters. Baggy clothes allow for me to dress in layers more easily during the winter too.

Shoes and socks I do without when I can get away with it. I really hate how my toes feel squished and it's always been a nuisance to shoe shop. Shoes seem to come in narrow and narrower. If it's open-toe, it's probably flip-flops, and then between my toes ends up hurting all day. I just go barefoot when I can.

Don't get me started on shoes. I hate anything covering my heels [ankle straps are fine] and I have really narrow feet (4A US width) so most mid range shoes are wide enough to be sloppy on my feet, and that just makes me more clumsy. I like flip flops but, I order them custom made so they aren't too wide. Other than that high fashion heels are usually available in a narrow enough width for me but run of the mill, department/discount store shoes - no way those would ever fit properly.

Winter uniform -
Jacket over two layers.
Tradesman's long pants (the ones with lots of pockets).
Elastic sided boots.

Summer -
Short sleeved shirt (cotton).
Shorts (also lots of pockets).
Runners.

That's it.

When it comes to personal preference to clothes, I usually wear plain coloured t-shirts and jogging bottoms indoors, and jeans outdoors. I think I usually prefer simple clothing to wear for me. I usually like wearing soft shades of blue, green, white and purple. I also like to wear zipped jackets or collar shirts under cold temperatures. Most of my clothes are made out of cotton.

I usually like wearing blue or purple shoes too. I prefer straps over shoe laces as I find shoe laces annoying at times. I don't think I've changed my clothing preference much and it has stayed the same for a long time.

Hi BlueConundrum: do you have a favorite skirt you recommend? I have trouble finding one that looks right, but if I could, this is all I would ever wear.

I have two of these from Old Navy. I have a black one and I have a black and white striped one. It looks like they only have them in black right now, but they come in different patterns and colors from time to time. It has a fold-over waist which I like because I am short and a lot of skirts are a weird length on me so it's adjustable in a way. I'm probably going to get more skirts from Old Navy soon.

This is also something I would wear, but I don't own this particular skirt. I have two similar skirts that I got from the junior's section at Walmart. They're a brand called "tempted" that I know nothing about. They only cost me $5 on clearance and I probably wear them more than anything else.

My clothing preference is simple
Jeans, trainers, baggy shirt & zip up hoodie sometimes a hat
I have 12 pairs of jeans all similar colour and style
I have 74 T Shirts and rising thanks to geek box, loot crate & infinity crate subscriptions all nerdy geek t shirts including
I'm with Neurotypical
You've read my t shirt that's enough social interaction for today lol
Lots of hats
I'm comfy in those types of clothes I hate suits and I don't get smart casual at all either smart or casual not both it confuses my aspie brain.
My wife says I should dress age appropriate (40) but I'm happy.
It's all about comfort for me and if I look cool it's a bonus

I wear what I feel comfortable in. So it has to feel nice and not make me feel like I look like an idiot wearing it, because that would also make me feel uncomfortable. I mostly wear jeans, t-shirt and hoodies. Sometimes it feels more comfortable if the jeans or t-shirt is tight because it's almost like my clothes are hugging me, with of course no human physical contact :) A day-long human hug would definitely be unbearable. I also like hats, to make me feel comforted and to stop my hair from flapping in my face as that very quickly drives me insane. But it's very hard to find a hat that doesn't make me look like an idiot. So if I find one, I wear it 'til it gets very holey.

My clothing muses are:

Robin Wright in "House of Cards"
Cayce Pollard in "Pattern Recognition"
and
Timoni West's daily unform.

I wear a simple black dress fitted to my body. No frills. Two inches above the knee. I plain belt if I need one.

When it's a grungy day, I wear a black JCrew t-shirt and a blue/gray skirt or jeans. (I'm particular about how I look, and most of the skirts out there look awful on me. I have one miniskirt that is just right: not tight or revealing, hits at the waist so I don't look dumpy.)

I wear Doc Martin's or black Tom's with the logo torn off. The Docs are black knee-highs for winter or sky-blue for hiking.

I have a lot of beautiful scarves, but I organize them more than I wear them. I like to keep things simple and color...complicates. I don't want to have to think about it. I have black and blue/gray and already that's a lot.

SUMMER COLORS.png
work
I wear carpenter jeans or shorts depending on the weather, black red wing boots or black leather sneaks and cotton golf style collar shirt.
Casual / going out
I wear vintage jeans and a vintage lounge shirt and black leather boots
Hanging out / out and about
vintage jeans , boots and a tee shirt
Casual out and about on my motorcycle
black jeans , white tee shirt , black boots, black jacket..leather one is a vintage one that is 30 years old or the summer riding mesh jacket that is black and silver

I normally wear a t-shirt, tank top, or a baggy sweater. I hate tight fitting clothing such as long sleeved shirts, perhaps Its apart of my censory issues.

Loose-fitting cargo pants, a t-shirt and a hoodie, and comfortable sneakers (I'm not allowed to go barefoot in school, unfortunately). What more could anyone need?

My clothing preference is black. Following that, t-shirt and jeans. Until surprisingly recently, I used to insist on wearing zip-offs, since they could become shorts or pants (liek omg!) but the only place I know of to get them doesn't offer them in black any more, just greyish blue. Also, they zip off way too high. To get ones that cover my knees, I'd have to get them in super-human sizes. So that obsession finally died after many faithful years, despite being a fad that lasted maybe for a semester back when I was in middle school.

Jeans (carhartt), t-shirt (usually something nerdy, heavy metallish or fishing related), skate shoes or steel toe boots, and baseball hat. Colder weather add hoodie, zip-up or pull-over type. I've worn formal wear twice in my life. Wore non-swimming shorts and sandals for the first time after my second trip to Mexico, first trip I refused and suffered in jeans and skate shoes and all my clothes get worn to and destroyed at work eventually.

As little as possible, which is really difficult in cold rainy England. I can wear tights but not trousers so usually tights and a mini skirt or hot pants, then a vest top and cotton jumpers if I have to. Hate winter...

I like my clothes to fit properly, so no baggy or oversized clothing for me.

I prefer shorts and either a sleeveless or short-sleeved shirt. Not a lot of graphic shirts, but I have some striped shirts I like.
When I go to church, dress slacks and a fitted polo shirt, sometimes with a sweater vest.

My wardrobe also doubles as a bit of a collection--My closet has almost 50 polo shirts, 20-or-so running tanks, 15-or-so sweater vests, and on the shelf are several pairs of cycling shorts (for anytime I need to take my bike out), 6 pairs of dress slacks, and 7 or 8 pairs of track/jogging pants. I have two dressers, with three drawers full of running/athletic shorts, two drawers full of casual shorts, three drawers full of tanks/sleeveless T-shirts, and two drawers full of T-shirts.

Absolutely no long sleeved stuff as long as I can get away with it. Hate winter/cold weather, as that means long pants and a jacket for going outside.

New Threads

Top Bottom