• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Checking Up on old Aquaintances

Adder1234

Not sure about everyone else, but every few years or so I get the urge to check up on people that weren't exactly friends, but I had some dealings with. So, earlier today I looked up these various people on facebook (not in a weird, creepy way, I just wanted to know what they are up to) and looked at at how things were going for them.
There was something incredibly satisfying about knowing that everything I had guessed about them when I knew them was true. For instance, they guy that used to bully me a few years ago got sent to a boarding school by his parents, got expelled for smoking in the store room and is now living in his parents house working at the local petrol station because his parents refuse to give him anything other than food.
The girl that I knew that was made fun of for being over weight and drawing in anime style now attends an art devoted university and is working at a branch of Dreamworks studios.
The two girls that tried to hook up with me a few years, but I ignored because I didn't trust them aren't doing so well. Both dropped out of school and one is dating a drug dealer and has been arrested twice, the other moved to the coast and spent about a year partying, now she owes the bank about $10,000 and can't get a job because she never finished school.
I'm not necessarily happy about the bad things that happened to these people; I'm excited because what happened to them is exactly what I expected to happen to them. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

I "hooked" up with the first girl I ever took to a movie 50 years ago. She is a granny with 3 grandkids. In our eyes we aint changed a bit.

I don't do that. I have a big problem with outside interference interrupting my ability think which I have to do to function.

I was on FB a while ago. It made no sense at all. But it showed how huge the Life Arch is.

I saw that no matter where people are now, if they are NT, things work out over time, but then they also falter. NTs can meld back into how THIS world works before they start to break down.

The people that hurt me? Well, none are disabled. One is very wealthy, but aging. The other is married with kids but has issues.

Those in school who slighted me? One works for a huge co, the other a Dr. Full lives and meaning, but still moving toward an eventual end.

I love what St Augustine says-------- that we are just the dying replacing the dead. That quote sticks with me. Those who are doing badly will do well again and then do very badly (ie die) and those who are doing great now will ALSO do very badly (ie die!).

So I just figured we are all in the same place, really, and it's over so fast.

In the end, I realized, I would never want to be those people or have their lives. Saying hi to old friends was nice. But none were in depth. One was a bit, but then fizzled.

Eventually, I realized my special interest is something I really value. I CAN'T connect so why am I trying? Why am I looking into the lives of those who would not even care if I died?

I actually like my autism now and feel it is one of my closest allies, as much as my family. Yes, I would LOVE to be a Dr to help other autistic people, but I cannot do that.

Then I got off FB and just decided to enjoy what I have left without any more outside interference than is pushed on me that I cannot avoid. I went deeper into my special interest and don't miss the FB chaos.

I recently looked up my ex from school, Helen Swann, as I recall on Valentine's Day 1991, she actually "proposed" to me, being 14 going on 15 at the time I said "Ooh I don't know about that" and kind of shrugged it off.

Thing is though, if we had got hitched, I'd probably be doing Porridge by now for beating up my annoying Brother in law.

Anyway it'll be 25 years at the end of April since I left school and since then I've seen her about twice at local College, the second time she pretended not to know me :(

New Threads

Top Bottom