• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

chaos/disorganised

Xavier Marik

I wander how people around here feel towards chaotic situations, or when something is disorganized. I know I hate them, and somewhat fear them.

It makes me feel out of control and I sometimes come off as rude when I start forcefully telling people what to do and I have to apologize later. It's like when something is happening people aren't moving quick enough for me and getting the job done. So I get mad to light a fire under their butt. Always happens at the hospital when a pt goes south (takes a turn for the worst).

Chaos makes me very uneasy. Either I get really anxious and hyper to try and control the situation, which can come off as me being bitchy, or I just shut down and try to find a quiet space. Either way I'm exhausted after. As far as organization of things, I prefer it but am unsuccessful getting my crafts/art organized. I think I've just learned to deal with it.

I constantly aim to be organized but it is very difficult for me. I seriously wish i had the money to hire a life coach/personal assistant, to just help me with basic stuff like bills, and keeping tract of everything. It is seriously a struggle. I have to make list, like hundreds of lists, but they don't help that much.

Im like an elderly driver. Everything out the front windscreen looks good. But when I look in the rear vision mirror, the chaos I see, was generated by me. Hate chaos but it appears Im quite good at producing it

Im like an elderly driver. Everything out the front windscreen looks good. But when I look in the rear vision mirror, the chaos I see, was generated by me. Hate chaos but it appears Im quite good at producing it
Lol, aw Turk :p

I guess I've been guilty of this too; almost like Mr.Magoo syndrome, haha.

I too don't like chaos though, but in saying that, I've learned to adapt to it a bit better in the last decade; mostly as I've had no choice but to do so. Now, I can usually ride the waves of chaos a bit better, as I'm now better at anticipating it, but it can still trigger negative responses in me if I'm ever caught off guard, which does happen.

I tend to be the opposite... I'm quite chaotic and disorganized... and loving it. It's perhaps one of those things that atypical of me as an aspie and one the reasons therapists wondered a bit. I don't do routines or habits as much as most aspies.

Order in general bothers me. It looks to clean for my liking. I always feel that a place needs to look like someone is living there, not as if it's from a catalogue.

But despite my lack of order I never really miss a beat in that sense. I'm able to keep track of my stuff and rarely lose or forget anything.

That being said, I do make a few lists here and there, so I'm not full blown "let chaos rule the world" (yet). It's the lists for short "long term plans" that are just not relevant to memorize (I mean, why would I want to remind myself I need to buy cheese in 5 days... for the next 5 days?). But overall, I quite like chaos.

I'm extremely organized almost all the time...probably in sync with my OCD.

On a practical level it's a good thing. On a physical/mental level at times it can be exhausting.

I tend to be the opposite... I'm quite chaotic and disorganized... and loving it. It's perhaps one of those things that atypical of me as an aspie and one the reasons therapists wondered a bit. I don't do routines or habits as much as most aspies.

Order in general bothers me. It looks to clean for my liking. I always feel that a place needs to look like someone is living there, not as if it's from a catalogue.

But despite my lack of order I never really miss a beat in that sense. I'm able to keep track of my stuff and rarely lose or forget anything.

That being said, I do make a few lists here and there, so I'm not full blown "let chaos rule the world" (yet). It's the lists for short "long term plans" that are just not relevant to memorize (I mean, why would I want to remind myself I need to buy cheese in 5 days... for the next 5 days?). But overall, I quite like chaos.

While I don't usually favour chaos, I must admit I understand what you mean. Perhaps I do like chaos a bit more than I was previously aware of.

I like having everything completely under control(events, etc) and going off schedule in just the slightest may disappoint me.

When I was younger it would be a lot worse!

I can't stand chaotic situations and avoid them whenever possible.

And I do agree that I prefer an area that looks lived in, rather than a catalog.

But as far as myself, I am total chaos. I don't like it but it's just the way I am. My house, my cars, my work area, and most of all my mind. Doesn't matter what I do, even during the times everything is physically organized it still feels like a mess. If things are cluttered I don't know where they are. If they are organized and put away I don't know where they are. I remember things from when I was 2 but remember less and less of the short term as time goes on. I feel like my brain is full and somebody needs to knock me out really really good and give me amnesia so I can start over. I've tumbled off a fast moving bike and rolled over a curb, had a car break a frame and the wheelwell came down on my head, been punched in the head a few times in school, been hit in the head with steel several times at work... so far nothing has worked.

I can't stand chaotic situations and avoid them whenever possible.

And I do agree that I prefer an area that looks lived in, rather than a catalog.

But as far as myself, I am total chaos. I don't like it but it's just the way I am. My house, my cars, my work area, and most of all my mind. Doesn't matter what I do, even during the times everything is physically organized it still feels like a mess. If things are cluttered I don't know where they are. If they are organized and put away I don't know where they are. I remember things from when I was 2 but remember less and less of the short term as time goes on. I feel like my brain is full and somebody needs to knock me out really really good and give me amnesia so I can start over. I've tumbled off a fast moving bike and rolled over a curb, had a car break a frame and the wheelwell came down on my head, been punched in the head a few times in school, been hit in the head with steel several times at work... so far nothing has worked.
Yep, bit of a standing joke im my family "dont teach him anymore, or something useful might fall out the other side " Just as well I've got a sense about my condition, otherwise someone would be paying for that comment

There are times when I enjoy chaos, when I may actually create it for the sole reason of encouraging something new to come forth. However, chaos that is inflicted upon me is not so much fun and can throw me off for an hour or so.

I dislike chaotic situations. I've been known to fold under pressure ordering a sandwich (which happened today, coincidentally.) so things like malls, parties, pretty much anything with a bunch of people and a bunch of things going on is a no-no.

That being sad, I am also notoriously bad at cleaning my room and basic...living skills in general. So I tend to be up to my ankles in dirty laundry without having showered for a week and a half a lot. Which...is also problematic.

I will say though that when I DO clean my room I feel a lot better and can sleep easier.

Basic living skills and habits sorta slip my mind. But yes, chaos is a no-no.

New Threads

Top Bottom