• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Cat people are smarter than dog people

It makes sense.
I'm both a cat lover and a dog lover. My cat lover self is def smarter than my dog lover self because she doesn't have to go outside in the rain when she wants to cuddle up indoors. Nor does she ever have to pick up poo.

On the other hand, my dog lover self is in better health than my cat lover self as she desires to give her dog a good life with lots of walks.

Problem is, I don't have a dog or a cat but would love to have both! Plus I'm allergic to cats : (

I like both cats and dogs. But I'm allergic to cats and can therefore only be a dog owner, out of necessity. The animal I really love is rats.
I think that people's intelligence cannot be easily evaluated; despite the popularity of intelligence tests.

I'd like to say that as a cat person I'm the smartest, but I'm sure someone else thinks HE'S the smartest.......
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 79
I'm a bit cat mad.
It's a cliche i know but i love how a cat senses positive stuff in me that most humans and dogs don't.
That's enough for me.:)

I can't really comment on whether cat lovers are smarter than dog lovers, but I most certainly identify as a cat lover. I've had cats almost my whole life and I have never had a dog. I don't plan on ever getting one either. They seem like way too much work and they are more social animals. I can identify with the personality of cats much more. I really feel that cats are just as smart as dogs, but they just are selective as to what they decide to do. ;)

I won't say that cats are smarter ... I've seen some very smart dogs and some pretty brainless cats ... but dogs are more social & eager to please, tending towards codependence. I've seen dogs show undying love & devotion to owners who were neglectful & careless, or worse. Cats, in contrast, are more independent. They're not aloof (as many people like to say) ... they're capable of expressing intense love & affection, but they see themselves as equals and make their own decisions without regard to making anyone else happy. And if you're neglectful or careless, they can become passive-aggressive in a heartbeat!

Also:
Smart Women With Cats.jpeg

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!

Aaannnddd ... I totally misread that the thread was referring to the people, not the animals ... (Bad Aspie, no details for you!)

But I think the concept translates from animals to people ... it's not so much about intelligence level as personality types. I love both, but recognize their differences. And I'm just to lazy to own a dog ... and I'd have to go outside ... and then people would talk to me ... and I'd run away screaming before the dog had pooped ... :tonguewink:

It would make sense that cat people would be smarter overall. I've noticed many Aspies are cat lovers, and many Aspies have higher than average intelligence. Therefore, it would stand to reason (based solely on this information you understand) that the group of people calling themselves "cat people" would naturally include people of higher intelligence.

Personally, though, I think people who love all animals are the smartest people. :p

One of my favorite pets has been a bantam chicken, so I try not to put too much stock into "you are your pet" stuff. I'm already easily distracted, flighty, prone to ruffled feathers, aggressive, and fascinated with bugs, I don't also need to know I am crunchy and good with ketchup. :p

I've had both, also rats, snakes, chickens and.. lotsa stuff, really.
Cat owners feed cats, who're independent, many of whom don't seem to give the arse of the rat they've just left in the doorway; Dog owners feed and walk dogs, because they're so much more loving & loyal, which offsets their dependancy, ie: the necessity to pick up their.. leavings (don'cha love it when you pick up an old poo by mistake? The feel of a stone cold doggy doo in my hand always does it for me baby!)
With both, of course, go the vets bills!
I, personally, have bonded with a small sprig of moss, called Ned, that grows out of a crack in the path, right where I do press-ups after my run every morning; I puff, blow, grimace and sweat onto it.. and feel it's acceptance and knowledge of its place in this vast universe, right back at me!
What other pet can give you that, I say!

New Threads

Top Bottom