• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Cannabis Usage (Any similar experiences?)

Did you have similar experiences?

• Yes

• No, it didn't do much for me

• No, it made things worse

• I have never tried it

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thanks for the info, @Fraxinus. Interesting. Your experience parallels mine in relation to low dosage edibles. I resort to cutting 5mg edibles in half. I don't do it everyday, but I've found that the micro-dosing of 2.5mg still has the anxiety reduction and overall calming effect without a "buzz". One in the morning, one around lunch and then one in the evening. I will say that since I got my dry herb vape I'm opting for that more often than the edibles, but it's good to have two alternatives.

CW: Substance Abuse past, Sobriety Discussion, Alternative takes on Sobriety, Dogmatism
MMJ Maintenance here,
I first smoked at 14. I found my way into a very intense trauma based addiction that culminated in use of IV Heroin. Something about pushing that plunger down made over stimulated, hypersensitive, and tense feel accepted. I remember even other people shooting with me being like woaaaah dude you're feeling it hard
we have a very unique and brutal effect from this: using together can increase the empathy we have -- we get to laugh and nod. NT lose it often.
I bring this up because after five years of cold turkey sobriety, I did start drinking and smoking again.

My home situation fell to ruin, and I went to a halfway house. I'm now back with my friends, and completely sober again for a year, with use of Marijuana maintenance for a while. I had used some distillate, and flower. I also began vaping iagain. After a breakup, I decided to take a break from any sort of vaping and get back into exercise.
I have voted yes on your poll: once every blue moon or so when work and life are done and the laptop is closed I would like to participate in some flower. Have some snacks and watch movies and all with a special person, and maybe partake together as she is also in recovery and using this phrase taught to me by a friend: Marijuana Maintenance. It's very viable. I have concluded stronger distillate isn't really my jam -- I'm a flower guy.
Edibles can be okay and plenty of bang for the buck but I really live in a lets smoke a waterpipe or a nice joint world instead. It helps me mellow out on time off.
CBD Has also always helped mellow me out too.

I grew up in a different era and a different world to many of you. Australia didn't outlaw weed until 1974, and we were told the only reason it was being outlawed was to keep the yanks happy and get the trade agreement we wanted. We were told those laws wouldn't be enforced.

Then all of a sudden it was a heavily enforced criminal law.

Laws can be changed overnight but people's attitudes can not. Where I grew up almost everyone smoked weed, in typical Aussie fashion if there's a law we see as senseless then we tend to just ignore it.

In the early 80s my state decriminilised it, it was then only a civil offence if you had less than 10 plants. The cops would rip your plants out and give you a ticket like a speeding fine, 28 days to pay.

During the debates about this decriminilisation a lot of very interesting information came out about it. In some ways it's not actually a true drug, it triggers a series of allergic reactions that trick your brain into releasing a complex array of endorphins. That's why no one gets stoned the first time they try it, no allergic reaction triggers on first exposure.

I've smoked weed all my life, I still do. I can't back anyone's claims that it's good for pain relief but it does help adjust my attitude so that I can more easily cope with pain.

I've never used the term "self medicating", I think that's a bit of a cop out. I smoke weed because I enjoy it and I make no excuses for that.
You must be from Canberra. My guy friend is a Canberrian born (sorry if my poetic language license is annoying, I tend to push the envelope with the english lingo, in most improper ways).

I will echo your sentiment. We Aussies do as we please with such, so-called "legal writ". I grew up with it. Have used it on and off all my life. Its not "harmless" as some would claim, but used discerning and maturely, can have great benefit for some. It's helped me enormously at times, and been detrimental at other times.

It's a powerful psycho active, at times hallucinogenic plant/drug.
It's opened pathways for me, and overwhelmed me and shut me down at other times.
I eat it sometimes, of a night, or if wanting to take the edge off a pain situation.
I find it greatly enhances the sexual experience.

Strains and doses and "set and setting" are all important~set meaning mindset.
It can facilitate amazing"downloads" and communication and realisations and open previously-unrealised perceptual "doorways" within one's consciousness, in my experience, but it can also trigger psychosis, paranoia and even schizophrenia, so one should proceed with great care and self awareness, not compulsion and escapist tendencies.

You must be from Canberra.
Adelaide. Never been to Canberra, not fond of the cold.

Something that irks me is that I live in some of the best growing country in the world for that plant yet my prescription supply is imported from Canada.

Adelaide. Never been to Canberra, not fond of the cold.

Something that irks me is that I live in some of the best growing country in the world for that plant yet my prescription supply is imported from Canada.
That really is an absurd situation. I live in Nimbin and Cannabis is our primary industry here.
I guess the good thing about your prescription situation is, probably, consistency of strain. Up here, we have local gear but it's a cottage industry from lots of growers so strain can vary enormously.

Last edited:
Another link. This one about using cannabis for Autism. Something I've been, pretty much, forced to do, on account of severity of symptoms.
I use it very minimally now and I never smoke it anymore; too hard on the lungs.

There are SO many testimonials and more yt vids about autism and CBD...If you are interested. Should I post more?

I decided to share more. I'm a researchy person and I can also attest to the benefits of certain neuro-reparative and endocrine balancing natural medicines for autism.
I have a pretty bad case of the tisms, by all accounts (ASD2) but function fairly reasonably regardless. I do attest my "warm" and "personable" demeanour and vastly improved mental health, in part to these medicines. Namely Cannabis, and a couple of others.
Proof of the pudding. I am still alive. I have raised 7 children. I have performed in front of 1000's of people. I have a warm and loving intimate partner relationship. People give me feedback that "I'm emotionally aware and emotionally intelligent", that I'm kind and fun to be around. Things like that. So I'd say the medicines worked pretty well for me.
Don't get me wrong, I still struggle in a lot of ways day to day, but many people probably wouldn't peg me for an autie with ASD2.

Things I've overcome with this approach.
Anorexia Nervosa
Self harming
Alcoholism
Near mutism
Suicidal ideation

I've tried all kinds of CBD products hoping that they might help with anxiety but I'm not sure they help me much. I think I get a bit of an effect from CBD tea but it feels like it tapers off pretty quickly. It's also quite expensive to buy. I'm not convinced that the manufacturers are putting enough genuine CBD in the products. There been a bit of a "gold rush" to sell it here in the UK.

Either I've been incredibly unlucky with the products I've tried or it doesn't help me all that much. But I still take the tea regularly, even if it only has a small impact, it can't hurt I guess :)

I've tried all kinds of CBD products hoping that they might help with anxiety but I'm not sure they help me much. I think I get a bit of an effect from CBD tea but it feels like it tapers off pretty quickly. It's also quite expensive to buy. I'm not convinced that the manufacturers are putting enough genuine CBD in the products. There been a bit of a "gold rush" to sell it here in the UK.

Either I've been incredibly unlucky with the products I've tried or it doesn't help me all that much. But I still take the tea regularly, even if it only has a small impact, it can't hurt I guess :)

Are you using "full spectrum" CBD products? "full spectrum" CBD products have low levels of THC as well rather than no THC at all. From what I've read CBD in the complete absence of THC isn't utilized by the ECS (Endocannabinoid System) of the human body effectively.

New Threads

Top Bottom