• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Can some one physically hit autistic child

I'm not against corporal punishment to an extent, like using the hand only to smack the bottom. But using belts and tools no way! and I would never beat any autistic child because they are not mean on purpose.

I think it depends on the child and the circumstances. For example, I have high-functioning autism, but still had frequent meltdowns as a kid. My parents never punished me for my meltdowns. If I was naughty (which rarely happened) I could be spanked. It depended on what I did. I think that spanking was good for me, because it reinforced that certain behaviors were bad or wrong. I think as we got older my dad gave us calisthenics instead of spankings, so if we were really naughty we might get 50 pushups.

I live in canada .I'm not sure how the rules are here. But child is only 6. Mother also knows that she shouldnt hit child but to discipline her she hits her in a closed room on childs lap and pushes her while shes crying. She tells her when ever she or any one calls her child should answer immediately like yes mom ,yes dad etc.

Child doesnt like to talk or smile to mother's relatives which is making her more angry

If the child is autistic it may very well be unreasonable to expect the child to respond socially in this way. It's pretty common for children on the spectrum not to respond to their own name. I'm sure it is on diagnostic checklists somewhere.

I am 50 for a newly diagnosed Asperger’s. When I was a child I was frequently hitViolently. My dad has a personality disorder should I say my late dad however my mum became violent. When are used to read it two she used to love me, And I remember her being Warm and loving. My mum thought I was gifted but I gave a Reading at two because the name is my dad called me Mattered more to me,as he was jealous and this is the point where my mum gradually became more violent. I must say my mother never bullied or pressured me to read she was proud of me however my behaviour changed her.

No! No! And did I mention, NO?!

It's bad enough some Parents use THAT sort of punishment on NT kids, but to an Autistic child? DEFINITELY NOT!
Although I am 54 and newly diagnosed I remember walking along the promenade when I was seven and my dad grabbed me by the hair. My dad used to scare me it wasn’t unusual for us Wet our selves when he’s hit us. He used intimidation as a form of discipline. He obviously did not know I was autistic but he did No I was a bag of nerves and as an adult even commented on my nervousness where around him.

New Threads

Top Bottom