• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Buzz or high-pitched noise in head

I remember learning in health class about how tobacco use destroys the cilia in the lungs. I guess it can affect the ears, too.

Does this loud pitching happen when you dose off to sleep ? This may be what's causing it because I've had this too as well before ...

Exploding head syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Don't let the name fool you, this is the only name I could remember that it's called ...

My first thought is something similar. Don't know if it's restless legs syndrome or what, but as I'm falling asleep I'll often convulse and jump, just as if someone put a defibrulator on me. Been going on as long as I can remember. Maybe this is something similar, just affecting a different part of the body.

I remember learning in health class about how tobacco use destroys the cilia in the lungs. I guess it can affect the ears, too.

Quite possible. In which case I'm done for. Never smoked a cigarette in my life but 2 doctors have told me I've got smoker's lungs because of all the secondhand smoke. I don't care what the stats say, more people I know around here smoke than not.

Quite possible. In which case I'm done for. Never smoked a cigarette in my life but 2 doctors have told me I've got smoker's lungs because of all the secondhand smoke. I don't care what the stats say, more people I know around here smoke than not.
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Secondhand smoke has been proven by many studies to be just as harmful as smoking, so . . . yeah.

I tend to get the high-pitched ringing noise in my ears, too. It's not always when I'm exhausted, though. It makes an "eeeeeeeEEEEEeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeee" sort of sound.

My first thought is something similar. Don't know if it's restless legs syndrome or what, but as I'm falling asleep I'll often convulse and jump, just as if someone put a defibrulator on me. Been going on as long as I can remember. Maybe this is something similar, just affecting a different part of the body.
Oh, I get the same, but not very often. But for me it's like a sudden false alarm that I'm about to roll off of whatever I'm lying on, and I'll jerk involuntarily as a defense mechanism. Then I realize I'm completely surrounded by flat surface.

New Threads

Top Bottom