• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Buzz or high-pitched noise in head

Evy the Owl

Am I the only aspie who has a high-pitched buzz/noise in my head when I'm exhausted?

It has nothing to do with my actual hearing and I don't listen to loud music.

You may not listen to loud music, but that might be tinnitus. You should ask your doctor about it.

When exhausted? Probably not. When under a great deal of immediate, emotional stress? Yes. I've always perceived it as a form of tinnitus myself. Of course there are many causes involved. I've just never experienced any beyond stress factors alone. I consider it annoying and little else.

Well, I wouldn't quote Wikipedia as a 100% accurate source of information. But do ask your doctor. :)

I would say I have some of these things, like being dizzy, being forgetful having trouble with balance and stuff, but I don't think it's disrupting my life. Should I be bothered?

Let's just say it's something definitely to discuss with your physician.

I have all those things but for me I figured it was more to do with low blood pressure. Last time they checked it they couldn't even find it at first. Finally they settled on 80/50. Everything else looked good.

The ears ringing, I guess it depends what I was doing before I got tired. After sitting for an hour or more in front of my computer with no noise except the keyboard, tower fan, and heater at my feet, I go to bed with ringing in my ears because they still think they hear the computer. Or getting home late at night from my 350 mile drive and I'm ready to drop, my ears still think they hear the car.

Hmmm, just for the note, I have this problem all the time. Though, I doubt that anything is considerably wrong with me.

Am I the only aspie who has a high-pitched buzz/noise in my head when I'm exhausted?

I have the exact same thing. No doctor could find anything wrong (they obviously were not looking at my personality), but said that I mat have Tinnitus. I do notice that it gets worse under certain circumstances. Salt makes it worse.

I've read that excessive aspirin does it too. I do take aspirin because I have a problem with blood clots which gets worse when it's cold out. But I've had the ringing long before the blood clots and aspirin.

Agreed that is tinnitus and can be very debilitating. I get shrill high pitched tinnitus all the time and it takes my breath away. Thankfully it only lasts seconds, not hours.

I myself have almost constant ringing in my ears. I once thought it might be high blood pressure, but in fact my blood pressure is quite good.

I have had tinnitus for years,but blame it on loud music,loud vehicles and working in loud environments...mine can sound like a jet airplane or at times crickets

Does this loud pitching happen when you dose off to sleep ? This may be what's causing it because I've had this too as well before ...

Exploding head syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Don't let the name fool you, this is the only name I could remember that it's called ...

I get tinnitus as well, often when it's quiet. The ear ringing is often accompanied or preceded by a buzzing sensation in my head, sometimes enough to cause a slight headache or dizziness. For me I think it often has to do with caffeine or sugar overload, but not always. Might be caused by exhaustion too, but I haven't noticed it as a pattern.

Very helpful link, I've been suspecting inner ear issues for a while but this article really drives it home for me. I get most of those things.

Definitely go see a doctor. I had a six-month bout of tinnitus and it was debilitating. I also didn't go to a doctor for that long. It ended up being cigs that were causing it.

New Threads

Top Bottom