• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Brahs this life is completely boring after u turn 21 what is the point in living

Kevlin

u get a few good years of drinking partying etc but im sure that gets old by the time you are 24. peoples behavior becomes SO predictable idk if this is my autism but I can predict peoples behavior what their gonna do, by just observing them over time, like I seem to be the only spontaneous nonpredictable person their is cuz I have ADHD also and I get bored as **** with something and move to another thing.

I need to find other people like me that are above the normal boring routines and rituals humans have because it is so boring. everybody seems to be the same nowadays. and its so boring. im 18 btw turning 19 in a few months im just thinking there isn't that much to do in life nothing to look forward to accept drinking at 21, how do people live past 25 without having kids? this is absurd.

u get a few good years of drinking partying etc but im sure that gets old by the time you are 24. peoples behavior becomes SO predictable idk if this is my autism but I can predict peoples behavior what their gonna do, by just observing them over time, like I seem to be the only spontaneous nonpredictable person their is cuz I have ADHD also and I get bored as **** with something and move to another thing.

I need to find other people like me that are above the normal boring routines and rituals humans have because it is so boring. everybody seems to be the same nowadays. and its so boring. im 18 btw turning 19 in a few months im just thinking there isn't that much to do in life nothing to look forward to accept drinking at 21, how do people live past 25 without having kids? this is absurd.

Find a hobby that stimulates you on more than 1 area... that should at least keep some boredom at bay. Like you I tend to get bored with stuff quite fast at times and because of it I've tried a lot of activities (mostly solitary stuff though). Though I don't know.. if you're looking forward to partying being the be all and end all... have I got some bad news, lol. Granted, I do party at times (and not as much as I used to) it's often a case of upping the bar. The higher the bar gets set the harder it gets to get some satisfaction out of it.

Besides, I don't know if you need to find others to make, essentially, your life interesting. I do agree that a lot of people tend to go for a safe and more routine focused lifestyle with a career and or kids... and that's surely not my idea either... but hey.. I'm past age 25 with no kids, lol.

Though my life in general isn't what people would see as "a solid life choice". That might be partially because of some mental issues going (which is why I'm on this forum) though it's partially by choice and future perspective as well. In a sense, even if you can't fully participate (because of limited resources, no job or whatever you have going on) life still is what you make of it.

And reading this post and one of your previous threads... perhaps you should really find a hobby or activity your passionate about rather than dwell on what's wrong in your life... and stop comparing your life to that of others. That'll get you down way too much.

You don't necessarily need to live your life exactly the way everyone else does. As Oni said, find something that makes you happy while you figure out other life things.

Find a hobby that stimulates you on more than 1 area... that should at least keep some boredom at bay. Like you I tend to get bored with stuff quite fast at times and because of it I've tried a lot of activities (mostly solitary stuff though). Though I don't know.. if you're looking forward to partying being the be all and end all... have I got some bad news, lol. Granted, I do party at times (and not as much as I used to) it's often a case of upping the bar. The higher the bar gets set the harder it gets to get some satisfaction out of it.

Besides, I don't know if you need to find others to make, essentially, your life interesting. I do agree that a lot of people tend to go for a safe and more routine focused lifestyle with a career and or kids... and that's surely not my idea either... but hey.. I'm past age 25 with no kids, lol.

Though my life in general isn't what people would see as "a solid life choice". That might be partially because of some mental issues going (which is why I'm on this forum) though it's partially by choice and future perspective as well. In a sense, even if you can't fully participate (because of limited resources, no job or whatever you have going on) life still is what you make of it.

And reading this post and one of your previous threads... perhaps you should really find a hobby or activity your passionate about rather than dwell on what's wrong in your life... and stop comparing your life to that of others. That'll get you down way too much.

Believe it or not, a lot of people go through this. And believe it or not life does get better,

For what it's worth, I'd say that I'm enjoying life more at age 34 than I did at 21, and that some of us consider the whole "drinking and partying" thing to be greatly overrated (and I don't really understand the "How do people have live past 25 without having kids?" comment since many people older than 25 do not have kids, whether by choice or not, and if you want to have kids, 25 is not any kind of cutoff date). But of course, your mileage may vary. Being 21 isn't the prime of life for everyone.

One more thing I'll throw out there is that there's scientific research indicating that a certain amount of brain development still goes on until you're about 25, so that could be a possible factor in things looking a bit different in a few years.

BBC News - Is 25 the new cut-off point for adulthood?

(I do have to mention that I find the comments that that one person quoted in the article makes about young people watching "children's" movies and tv shows being a sign that they're coddled and infantile to be really stupid, but going into detail about that is probably for another thread.)

New Threads

Top Bottom