• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Boxanne

I know a lot about preventing rust on painted items, retired now spent a career on it. treatments systems and protective coatings.

Oh, Ed. How disappointing! I have no useful information to provide. I hope some of the more knowledgeable folks here can help.

No more water drips from rolling up the shutter door. Ally welded guttering.

IMG-20231128-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20231128-WA0005.jpg

Ed

Spotted more surface rust coming through. Initially disappointed but not overwhelmed.

Having spent a day on my finances and realising just how much further I have to go. It's hard.

The day after and I feel quite deflated by it all.

20231214_140752.jpg

Ed

Wow, why does this keep happening? I thought there was rust inhibitors that are applied? Do you live in a very damp city? Vehicles are frustrating. I am looking at tons of money being spent on this older home. Like l just barely paid off most all of debit, but this home has sucked about 14,000 in USA dollars, and home repair labor and materials has skyrocketed.

Wow, why does this keep happening? I thought there was rust inhibitors that are applied? Do you live in a very damp city?
The short answer? - Great Britain: Terrible exposure to rust year round.

Or what I'd call, "New Jersey on steroids".

Wow, why does this keep happening? I thought there was rust inhibitors that are applied? Do you live in a very damp city? Vehicles are frustrating. I am looking at tons of money being spent on this older home. Like l just barely paid off most all of debit, but this home has sucked about 14,000 in USA dollars, and home repair labor and materials has skyrocketed.

Constant moisture and salt because it is an island. We have the same problem on all three American coasts - east, west and southern.

Constant moisture and salt because it is an island. We have the same problem on all three American coasts - east, west and southern.
The "brine" that they put on roads here in the winter adds to this very problem. However it's nowhere near as bad as it is in on the coasts. Especially the Northeastern Seaboard.

One of the saving graces of living in the desert....given how dry it is here. But that damn brine....ugh!

The "brine" that they put on roads here in the winter adds to this very problem. However it's nowhere near as bad as it is in on the coasts. Especially the Northeastern Seaboard.

One of the saving graces of living in the desert....given how dry it is here. But that damn brine....ugh!

I well remember that from my years in Salt Lake City. That stuff will corrode the bottom out of your car.

Here in the Deep South, it so rarely snows that states don't invest in the equipment to salt roads, and just put sand on bridges that tend to ice up in extreme cold. We southerners try to stay home when the roads are icy, and none of us have snow tires or chains anyway. Snow days are wonderful here. Schools close, businesses send their employees home, and it fosters almost a festive air of excitement that we might get snow!

I well remember that from my years in Salt Lake City. That stuff will corrode the bottom out of your car.

Here in the Deep South, it so rarely snows that states don't invest in the equipment to salt roads, and just put sand on bridges that tend to ice up in extreme cold. We southerners try to stay home when the roads are icy, and none of us have snow tires or chains anyway. Snow days are wonderful here. Schools close, businesses send their employees home, and it fosters almost a festive air of excitement that we might get snow!
Salt Lake City. A day's drive away...but yeah. Similar winter conditions. Ugly underneath the car...fer shure.

I still recall snow in the South as well. Yes, all those wonderful snow days. As depicted below. :eek:

Virginia Snow.jpg

Sic Semper Tyrannis ;)

My only car accident was a patch of black ice in a parking lot in MN. But soon you learn to drive on ice.

Spotted more surface rust coming through.

I can't believe the guys who painted it didn't apply a nice, thick coat of rust sealer primer before painting it. At least on the bottom part of it. You should complain to them about it, to pay for a professional paint job and get rust bleeding through the paint so fast is just not acceptable I think. It's a shame that happened.

I was lucky, l drove many years in snow, and the only accident l had was hitting a pole in parking lot. The other accident was just a tap so no biggie.

I was lucky, l drove many years in snow, and the only accident l had was hitting a pole in parking lot. The other accident was just a tap so no biggie.

I had an awkward mini-accident, I arrived in the lot at a car dealership, there was a thin layer of snow on the ground and underneath that snow there was a layer of very slippery ice. But I didn't know that. So I was slowing down to park and stepped on the breaks and very, very slowly slid into the back of a $100 000 BMW... :fearscream: It all happened in slow motion but I couldn't do anything to stop it from happening.

Oh dear. I backed into a beautiful 2023 Mercedes one year, but the police came and said he couldn't even see where it happened. I basically tapped it and stopped.

Christmas before last I was insane, driving home across town in a whiteout storm at night. Hope I don't have to do it again. Looks like Christmas is "on" with my cousin. An otherwise uneventful 12 mile drive if the weather permits.

I had a couple slide by me by a New York minute with just a nano inch between our cars. I tensed, l was waiting for that metal on metal noise. Just two high under 25 + deadbeats with nary a thought between their heads, probably smoked something and thought l know let's jump in our cars and pretend to ommi-idiots. The last cab driver l had said all his nite business is taking people to pick up their drug fix, and take them home. My car just had it's brakes replaced so l had to cab over to get it.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom