• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Blog post compares us to psychopaths

I found this link on Wrong Planet and want to share it here too, because it's hideous. Is this how the average NT sees us? I don't want to live in a world that sees Aspies in this light.

http://psychopathsandlove.com/psychopathy-or-aspergers-syndrome/
I certainly hope not. The difference now is all the back and forth information the Internet can provide others and that provides them the opportunity to find the results they want. And in the link you put up shows how things get out of control.
I've been in a relationship longer than your parents probably met.
It's tough for my husband, but he's doing an admirable job dealing with me.
So, we are different and can make up for NT flaws and ours. Keep trying .

I can't believe what I read in the links provided. I work so hard to be a kind and thoughtful and the people around me work hard to understand and help me. These articles express very little empathy for anyone different than the author or the views of the author. Most AS people have a lot to offer the world just like others do. It is sad when people pigeon hole others different from them. So sad that I read these links.

I found this link on Wrong Planet and want to share it here too, because it's hideous. Is this how the average NT sees us? I don't want to live in a world that sees Aspies in this light.

http://psychopathsandlove.com/psychopathy-or-aspergers-syndrome/
You and I DO live in this world. We have as much right to this world as anyone. Don't ever let idiots sway how your reality is based.
I'm choosing to keep my attention on the positive and on rational thought processes, not emotional trickery.

Last edited:
I read it.That is just one example of an uninformed idiot's view of aspies.She cited things she knew nothing about in the first place. She hasn't lived the life of an aspie,only with one aspie,so she should keep her trap shut about one bad experience with one.I am sure I could send a lot of information or hate her way too,but why waste my time? Those who are considered neurotypical has dozens of their own psychological issues,but you never see a fuss about any of them unless it strikes fear in others. People as a whole aren't tolerant of things they don't understand. You can't lay blame on them for why they act,only how they act that often draws a pack mentality. Many are very disturbed individuals that no doubt have psych issues of their own that they may not be aware of. It is very easy to hide behind a computer monitor as well ;)

It has been a long 55 year haul for this autie,so for me to lay blame on a whole basket because of a few bad apples would be a form of hate very similar to what that OP did on her rant. I for one will not be a part of that.

Yeah,it's a crying shame,but the best you can do is avoid toxic posts and move along on your own path. You know who and what you are,that's the only part that really matters.

I don't think the average nt sees us this way. Looks like the blogger had one bad experience and assumes all aspies are exactly like the asshole she dated or married.

Sounds like the egghead experts with a PHD are also clueless. Most of the aspies I know are very warm hearted loving people, myself included. Just ask my wife of 26 years. I don't mean to brag but all of her friends wish they could clone me because all they ever end up with is your run of the mill self centered NT men.

You are wonderful people! Don't forget it!

It sounds like this woman is guilty of the things that she accuses Aspies of being guilty of.
I don't mean an inability to have any insight whatsoever into what either another person or oneself is feeling and thinking-I don't think there's any human being in the world with that absolute inability-at least not to such an extreme absolute degree as she described it. But she is engaging in the exact same kind of hurtful behavior that she accused Aspies of. The exact same.
She complains about Aspies making everything about them, and how they are feeling-(and if they are able to do that, how can they have that absolute inability to understand their own mind/feelings/thoughts? Riddle me that. o_O)
and why does she have a problem with that?... because that makes it no longer exclusively about her and her feelings.

It appears this individual has never heard the old saying "You don't give up eating fruit just because you had one bad apple".

However, there is no point trying to argue the point with her, it seems; You can't argue with a bigot and it will only give fuel to her fire if you try and fight your corner.
Let her think what she wants and instead focus on been the best individual you can be and having as happy and fulfilling a life as you can.
Toxic posts like that aren't worth our time or energy.

.......I couldn't even finish it. That's absolutely AWFUL. I could tell her of the many neurotypicals in the world who clearly have ZERO empathy for anyone not of their race, gender, sexuality, species, class, religion or neurology but clearly she already thinks me the spawn of satan so I'll leave her to live with her bigoted self. I have a hope that being inside that awful head of hers must be it's own natural karma.

Well, she is entitled to her own opinion. Nobody can force her to date or befriend someone with Asperger's. It's probably better for both parties if there's a separation. She's made up her mind, she has her reasons, and that's that.

Some people will never be compatible. Some like a great deal of love and affection shown to them when they give off subtle cues. When combined with someone oblivious to anything but blatantly obvious signs of distress they're obviously not going to be a good pair. The woman feels her needs are ignored, the man feels she's not telling him what she wants. Nobody's at fault here. It just isn't going to work. She's someone who uses a lot of indirect nonverbal communication so she's not going to be a good pair for someone who can't read it. Therefore she can say she doesn't want to date anyone with Asperger's because to her it's maddening and who are we to tell her that's wrong? Others similar to her are who she's directing this at - women with high emotional needs, because they simply just won't get met.

At least she distinguished us from psychopaths/sociopaths. I personally can't argue with what she said, though, as it all seems true for me and I only have experience with myself.

After reading that post and the responses to it, all the while trying to land upon the fairest view for both parties, all I've learnt is that it's useless to persist in these loops of theoretical accusation. If there is a problem, fix it; there is no need to start making wild unfounded generalisations. That post was so egregiously poorly constructed and thought out that I couldn't really bring myself to be offended by it.

As a person who studies Psychopathy.. I believe it is the other way around people don't feel empathy for us... I have that view as a scientist studying this.. I also have the view that Psychopathy is dangerous and should be controlled.. I believe this person due to structures of their sentence may be in for a surprise when one day when he talks to a shrink... That sentence structure is very similar to mine... I think I suspect what his trouble is?

It sounds like this woman is guilty of the things that she accuses Aspies of being guilty of.
I don't mean an inability to have any insight whatsoever into what either another person or oneself is feeling and thinking-I don't think there's any human being in the world with that absolute inability-at least not to such an extreme absolute degree as she described it. But she is engaging in the exact same kind of hurtful behavior that she accused Aspies of. The exact same.
She complains about Aspies making everything about them, and how they are feeling-(and if they are able to do that, how can they have that absolute inability to understand their own mind/feelings/thoughts? Riddle me that. o_O)
and why does she have a problem with that?... because that makes it no longer exclusively about her and her feelings.
Oh your accusing her of Projection? I can tell the Person who wrote that article has some condition myself as a person with a condition.. You do realize that some of the biggest anti-Semites were Jews trying to fit in with Gentiles?

Well, she is entitled to her own opinion. Nobody can force her to date or befriend someone with Asperger's. It's probably better for both parties if there's a separation. She's made up her mind, she has her reasons, and that's that.

Some people will never be compatible. Some like a great deal of love and affection shown to them when they give off subtle cues. When combined with someone oblivious to anything but blatantly obvious signs of distress they're obviously not going to be a good pair. The woman feels her needs are ignored, the man feels she's not telling him what she wants. Nobody's at fault here. It just isn't going to work. She's someone who uses a lot of indirect nonverbal communication so she's not going to be a good pair for someone who can't read it. Therefore she can say she doesn't want to date anyone with Asperger's because to her it's maddening and who are we to tell her that's wrong? Others similar to her are who she's directing this at - women with high emotional needs, because they simply just won't get met.

At least she distinguished us from psychopaths/sociopaths. I personally can't argue with what she said, though, as it all seems true for me and I only have experience with myself.
I agree 100%. The problem I have with her post is that she isn't speaking as though she and Aspies are incompatible, or as if she, and people like her, and Aspies are incompatible. If that was what she was saying, she'd be saying the truth, and it would be good for her, and others, and us Aspies to recognise and accept that truth.
Unfortunately, instead she's acting as if Aspies are inherently flawed in major major ways, and her exaggerated depiction of mind-blindess (having no awareness even of one's own mind! according to her) is ridiculous.

I don't think the average nt sees us this way. Looks like the blogger had one bad experience and assumes all aspies are exactly like the asshole she dated or married.

Sounds like the egghead experts with a PHD are also clueless. Most of the aspies I know are very warm hearted loving people, myself included. Just ask my wife of 26 years. I don't mean to brag but all of her friends wish they could clone me because all they ever end up with is your run of the mill self centered NT men.

You are wonderful people! Don't forget it!

I didn't read her entry because - well, I don't need her stupidity in my mind, but I did scan through it a little and saw she mentioned Simon Baron-Cohen and mentioning about the lack of empathy. I believe she has a wrong idea of what Dr Baron-Cohen means but lacking empathy, it's not in the same way like how psychopaths just flat out don't care, we generally just miss the cues associated with empathising with people.

EDIT: I decided to read it.

Last edited:
I want to know exactly how one goes about controlling a mind controlling freak :D

They might have a pill for that...cyanide comes to mind ;)

NO WAY!
This blogger is just writing nonsense. Plus, she is trying to change the actual fact that everybody has the right of protecting her/his own identity (especially from people like her). How dare she to judge a huge spectrum of people based on her own selected files! She has the liberty to write, but make her know please that she is not showing empathy (yeah, what she says we don't have) towards us, the ones she called psychopaths.
Hope that her blog doesn't get support, it would be a problem for us, who are still people that deserve to be respected.

This video by Dr Simon Baron-Cohen explains the difference between the lack of empathy in autistics and psychopaths, something that from the sounds of it this women doesn't know what the hell she's on about.

New Threads

Top Bottom