• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

being an only child is awesome !

I'm an only child too <3<3 Tbh it has it's lonely moments, but it's mostly great ^^ You get spoiled a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm an only child and that was the way I wanted it right from the start.
My mom was my best friend, and I always had a lot of pets to make up for the rest.
I never felt alone.

Interesting. I was never an only child, but looking back I guess I felt alienated even from my own family. My sister escaped the household at an early age to travel Europe, and also to go to boarding school for high school; I had no one with me during my late adolescent years. She was gone for practically a decade until the pandemic, when she left Asia to travel back and live with my parents and myself during the beginning of the outbreak. That was not a fun time.

I was the middle of 5 kids.

I think the whole thing can vary from person to person and family to family.

I have been very close to all of them all thru life. After my wife and kids, my closest friends really. So I would not have wished it different.

Interesting. I was never an only child, but looking back I guess I felt alienated even from my own family. My sister escaped the household at an early age to travel Europe, and also to go to boarding school for high school; I had no one with me during my late adolescent years. She was gone for practically a decade until the pandemic, when she left Asia to travel back and live with my parents and myself during the beginning of the outbreak. That was not a fun time.
I have a relative that has a similar situation with their siblings :) Almost all of my family has had siblings except for a few, having half-sisters or distant brothers instead, and me having no siblings at all. It was a miracle I was even born.

I'm an only child and that was the way I wanted it right from the start.
My mom was my best friend, and I always had a lot of pets to make up for the rest.
I never felt alone.
Aww that's great ^^ I didn't have a pet when I was younger but now I have one to lick my tears (it's not as disgusting as it sounds, it actually helps when I'm upset) <3

I'm a half-only child.

Yeah I know that sounds weird but what I mean is like I do have an older sister, but I was raised by my grandparents and she was raised by my mom and her husband (not my dad, my mom and dad divorced when I was really young + my sister is technically my half-sister to begin with since she has a different dad but he basically walked out on my mom and her shortly after she was born), so for all intents and purposes, my entire childhood experience (barring summers when I'd visit my mom, sister, etc.) was that of an only child.

I am aware I am likely the only person on this earth to use the term 'half-only child'.

I'm a half-only child.

Yeah I know that sounds weird but what I mean is like I do have an older sister, but I was raised by my grandparents and she was raised by my mom and her husband (not my dad, my mom and dad divorced when I was really young + my sister is technically my half-sister to begin with since she has a different dad but he basically walked out on my mom and her shortly after she was born), so for all intents and purposes, my entire childhood experience (barring summers when I'd visit my mom, sister, etc.) was that of an only child.

I am aware I am likely the only person on this earth to use the term 'half-only child'.
Yes, my Grandmother has two half-sisters just like you, and my Mum has surrogate brothers :). Ah yes, I've been in the same boat. Nah, using "half-only child" isn't weird, it's cool! I've heard the term "(l)only child" before:

It's funny how salem spells this cause it's actually meant to be "lonely," that's the proper spelling but she did her own thing here :p

I’m an only child. Considering how most of my cousins treat me, I think I’m lucky I don’t have siblings :(

I'm a half-only child.

if you was raised by yourself i think you can count yourself as an only child !

I’m an only child. Considering how most of my cousins treat me, I think I’m lucky I don’t have siblings :(
Awww :c :c I used to have cousins but my family treats them as nonexistent.... There's not many young people in my family, especially speaking for me + the people I live with (5). It's not fair for me sometimes but life is not fair. Fiction is perfect and reality isn't and that's okay <3

yup i am!! i had step siblings for a few years when i was younger and it really made me grateful for my alone time!!! i do not miss my time having to be the 'role model oldest sibling' one bit HAHA
and omg hiii georgiagalaxy!! i was able to finally reply 2 ur message LOL

yup i am!! i had step siblings for a few years when i was younger and it really made me grateful for my alone time!!! i do not miss my time having to be the 'role model oldest sibling' one bit HAHA
and omg hiii georgiagalaxy!! i was able to finally reply 2 ur message LOL
Yayyyy!!! hehe thank you. You can call me Georgia ^^

New Threads

Top Bottom