• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Beer, Football, and Relaxation

wanderer03

I'm sitting at my favorite bar, sipping a 3.00 Miller Lite, and waiting for my Philadelphia Eagles to luck hell out of the Colts. This is a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon. It's just too got for a regular beer. LOL

I really should not be drinking but I don't care. It lessens the effect of the drug cocktail I'm on for anxiety, depression, and anger. LOL! I'm a walking chemistry experiment.

I am ready for some football too! I have watched several NFL preseason games and the Boise State Broncos play their first game at home in about two weeks. This is my favorite time of the year, the weather gets cooler and it is football season. My old belly does not handle beer very well these days. A six-pack last me a month or so. But it is definitely the time of the year to pop a top or two.

I love fall. We're getting into my absolute favorite time of year. Warm days, crisp nights....very little beats that simplicity.

I really should not be drinking but I don't care. It lessens the effect of the drug cocktail I'm on for anxiety, depression, and anger. LOL! I'm a walking chemistry experiment.
Have you been tested for food allergies? There is new research(2014) indicating that there are those who react to gluten, but yet, test negative for celiac disease. I ask because I used to be on meds for depression & irritability. I also have horrible short term memory, as well as being trach'd for chronic airway inflammation. Its driven me onto disability assistance. Struggled terribly with mood swings since i can remember(10 years old). Drs called it Bi-Polar. So, this past year, on my own, I decided to try a gluten free diet. Within the first week, I knew I was onto something. In four months, I was down 20 lbs and depression & irritability are much improved. As I researched the gluten symptoms, all of mine were found there, including airway issues. I'm a 55 yr. Old male and just now discovered this, on my own. Im now, a firm believer that any mental difficulties should first be treated by ruling out food allergies & sensitivities. Good Luck.

Have you been tested for food allergies? There is new research(2014) indicating that there are those who react to gluten, but yet, test negative for celiac disease. I ask because I used to be on meds for depression & irritability. I also have horrible short term memory, as well as being trach'd for chronic airway inflammation. Its driven me onto disability assistance. Struggled terribly with mood swings since i can remember(10 years old). Drs called it Bi-Polar. So, this past year, on my own, I decided to try a gluten free diet. Within the first week, I knew I was onto something. In four months, I was down 20 lbs and depression & irritability are much improved. As I researched the gluten symptoms, all of mine were found there, including airway issues. I'm a 55 yr. Old male and just now discovered this, on my own. Im now, a firm believer that any mental difficulties should first be treated by ruling out food allergies & sensitivities. Good Luck.
It's a possibility. I don't really even know what gluten is.

It's a possibility. I don't really even know what gluten is.
It's a protein found in wheat, barley and rye. I also react to a protein in milk, called Casseine(spelling). So together, I quit gluten & dairy and results have been encouraging. It's hard, but you'll find encouragement when you find some relief from your symptoms. I'm off all meds now except for blood pressure, which I still have to take about every 4th day. To get you started, research, gluten and how it causes "leaky gut syndrome". There's a guy on YouTube I really like called " John Bergman". Check out his videos, he makes a lot of sense.

Not a fan of beer or football. Closest I can drink to it is lager or cider. But I have had a few pleasant evenings at sports bars/grills.

I love fall. We're getting into my absolute favorite time of year. Warm days, crisp nights....very little beats that simplicity.
And all the gorgeous color as the leaves turn, the smell of wood smoke as people make fires in their home or perform yardwork, the annual harvest festivals and craft fairs, the grapes and muscadines are in, pumpkin and pecan pies... Love autumn!

I'm moving to New England for school. I don't know if Vermont is football crazy, but it's Patriot territory and I friggin' hate the Patriots. It's a small town with a single 'Irish' pub that I'm hoping play sports. If not, I'm going to be stuck live streaming Seahawk, Duck, and Portland Timber games over the internet with tea instead of ciders and white russians.

I'm sitting at my favorite bar, sipping a 3.00 Miller Lite, and waiting for my Philadelphia Eagles to luck hell out of the Colts. This is a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon. It's just too got for a regular beer. LOL
Your behavior sounds VERY NT ;). I absolutely hate team sports and would always stay home, alone to watch something special on TV. Are you sure you are an Aspie?????

I don't socialize while at the bar. I keep to myself in a corner. I also stay only for the game and leave as quietly as I came.

Last edited:
I'm moving to New England for school. I don't know if Vermont is football crazy, but it's Patriot territory and I friggin' hate the Patriots. It's a small town with a single 'Irish' pub that I'm hoping play sports. If not, I'm going to be stuck live streaming Seahawk, Duck, and Portland Timber games over the internet with tea instead of ciders and white russians.

I am a Seahawk and Duck fan also. I am not a fan of whoever thought it was a good idea for the Seahawks to pass on their last play in the Super Bowl.

Why is this here.
It was an attempt at humor. I'm not upset by it. I don't go to a "normal" bar. The one I go to is quiet and dark. People keep to themselves and eat and drink. Oddly enough, my bar of choice is very aspie friendly because people go there to enjoy solitude and sports.

It was an attempt at humor. I'm not upset by it. I don't go to a "normal" bar. The one I go to is quiet and dark. People keep to themselves and eat and drink. Oddly enough, my bar of choice is very aspie friendly because people go there to enjoy solitude and sports.
Thanks for the explanation. (Jokes often go right past me :oops:) Sounds like a good place. :)

Thanks for the explanation. (Jokes often go right past me) Sounds like a good place. :)
Jokes go by me too. At first I reacted with anger, then I saw his emoticon and realized he was kidding. Without hearing a voice inflection, there would be no way to tell without the emoticon.

Well, no more beer for me. Doc changed one of my meds today and said the interaction of it and alcohol could cause seizures. Just as well ... It only masks the problem, doesn't make it go away.

New Threads

Top Bottom