• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Autistic boy left heartbroken after Gumtree 'con artist' scammed him out of £150...

AGXStarseed

(Not written by me)

Mum Julie Whitehouse has been left fuming after son Jordy was 'targeted' when he put an advert on the site saying he wanted to buy a second-hand Xbox One

Julie-mum-and-Jody-son-Whitehouse.jpg

Heartbroken: Julie and Jordy Whitehouse have been left fuming over the 'scam'

An autistic 10-year-old has been left heartbroken after being 'conned' out of £150 he saved up from pocket money to buy an Xbox One on Gumtree .

Jordy Whitehouse put an advert on the site saying he was looking to buy a second-hand Xbox and was approached by one seller who claimed he would sell his games console to him.

But after transferring the money, the console was never delivered and the seller is no longer returning messages or calls from Jordy's furious family.

The National Fraud Intelligence Bureau are now investigating the case.

Jordy's mum Julie,48, said she is devastated by the impact the 'cruel theft' has had on her vulnerable son.

Julie-mum-and-Jody-son-Whitehouse.jpg

'Ripped off': Julie says Jordy has waited for the post every day

The mum-of-two, from Coleshill, West Midlands, said: "Jordy’s been waiting for the postman every single day asking if it’s come yet.

"My son’s been left heartbroken, and can’t understand why people can be so cruel. It’s not easy to explain this to a child with autism.

"He knew my son was a vulnerable 10-year-old, but he still went ahead and took his money.

"Jordy can get angry because he is autistic. I’ve had to deal with that every day."

Jordy saved up the money through pocket money and cash he'd earned fixing family friends' phones and computers.

Gumtree-con-artist-duped-heartbroken-autistic-child-out-of-pocket-money-he-saved-for-an-XBox-split.jpg

Chasing: Julie called police after repeated attempts to track down the money

Xbox-One-500GB-with-Ori-and-Rare-Replay.jpg

'Targeted': Julie claims the seller preyed upon her son when he said he wanted to buy an Xbox online

The last time Julie heard from the seller was after repeated attempts to contact him, when he said: “I’m paying you a refund. I would appreciate it if you don’t call the police until then as I’m giving you a refund which you’re entitled to".

Scores of kind-hearted individuals have since offered to provide an Xbox for Jordy after Julie wrote about the family's ordeal on Facebook but Julie has said she will buy him a new one herself.

The National Fraud Intelligence Bureau confirmed it is investigating.

SOURCE: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/autistic-boy-10-left-heartbroken-7359138

What's the latest on this story? Did the kid get his money back or an X-Box?

The f*cking rat con artist.

New Threads

Top Bottom