• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Autism Shares Brain Signature with Schizophrenia and Bipolar Disorder

There are people who don't talk to people in their head?
I guess everyone does talk to people in their head to an extent but for me it seems different. I have tea with Hillary Clinton and sometimes feel people throwing crumpets at me. Do things like this happen to you?

Pretty much. If I have a general sense of somebody's personality, I find myself having mind conversations with them. Maybe it's a kind of synesthesia. And yes, if the mental representation of the person touches the mental representation of myself, I feel it as though the person really touched me.

Btw, I am willing to bet that bipolar and schozofrenic aggression also comes from people being aggressive (and passive-aggressive) at them to punish them for being who they are.

Interesting. They can't decide what it is for me, my current psychiatrist thinks it's a Freudian thing.

For me, it's other people. They're walking about all over the place.
You may have seen some of them.

(But i did use to hesr voices, mostly my name being called. Couldnt tell if it was real or not. Long time ago,stopped happening by itself.)

I have conversations in my head all the time and if alone, frequently talk to myself (sometimes under the guise of talking to my cats). Some of it is rehearsal for what I want to say to someone, some of it is just fantasizing. I have not been diagnosed with anything psychiatric ever.

I've actually suspected that there was a relation between autism and schizophrenia for a long time now. People only talk about the hallucinations part of schizophrenia, but there's other symptoms that wouldn't look out of place in an autistic person. As for myself, when I was younger I used to scare my parents by walking around in circles and mumbling. Sometimes I find myself mumbling without even realizing it today.

Its normal to talk to people in your head.. when you daydream, you daydream up potential convos with friends, coworkers.. most people, even the typicals do that.. its normal.. whats not normal is hearing audible voices outside the head, in the actual ear. Anxiety can cause disembodied memories and voices inside the head. Not always psychosis..

New Threads

Top Bottom