• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Autism Christianity and Buddhism do they truly accept one another

Clintos

I was wondering if Christianity accepts buddhism because from my understanding is that a christian do not accept graven images and worshiping idols. So if a buddhist pay respect to a figure/image/person praying then isn't this going against christianity?

I don't believe it but there is a lot of info going on that Jesus was a buddhism monk.

I am asking this because I heard people with autism have a different processing system in their brain and I wanted another autistic perspective.

Not to mention I have adhd and like the attention of others opinions.

Last edited:
There is no one, monolithic Christianity anymore than there is one, monolithic Buddhism. First you what have to specify which sect, then sub-sect, then sub-sub-sect of what time and location, then focus on the viewpoint of a person or small group of people...

Your time would be better spent trying to nail Jello to the wall than trying to find a firm answer to your question.

Christianity does not accept any other religion, including Buddhism. Many aspects of both religions contradict one another.

Thank you that's what I thought. Just wondering and should have brought this to a christian site but felt an autistic perspective would be appreciated.

I agree with Valentine. For a concise statement of what the majority of Christians believe look up the Apostle's Creed.

Of note, the word "catholic" in the creed means universal. It includes Protestant, Catholic, and Eastern Orthodox traditions.

Also of note, Jesus was Jewish. He was also tan, you know, like most of the people from the Middle East.

I agree with Valentine. For a concise statement of what the majority of Christians believe look up the Apostle's Creed.

Of note, the word "catholic" in the creed means universal. It includes Protestant, Catholic, and Eastern Orthodox traditions.

See I would like to be a smart person with aspergers but unfortunately I am not where does a person in the pentacostal faith fit into this?

See I would like to be a smart person with aspergers but unfortunately I am not where does a person in the pentacostal faith fit into this?

Pentacostals fall under the protestant umbrella, though I am sure some of them would disagree. There are many denominations that are considered protestant and they can have very different beliefs. But they all agree with the Apostles Creed.

Apostles' Creed

Here is a copy of the creed. It is a modern version that has updated some of the King James type language found in older versions.

I believe in that thanks that was informative. but I am unsure about believing in the catholic church portion of the apostles creed.

I am learning about my faith as we speak. My mother is pentecostal but I am not informed by her too much and I go my own path because certain things I do not believe and need explanation and I do not go to church.

Last edited:
If you look on you tube you will find blacks saying that they believe they are the true israelites is this true?

If you look on you tube you will find blacks saying that they believe they are the true israelites is this true?
I'll start off by saying I'm an atheist and I don't mean to offend anyone by this post, but I'm very curious why Jesus' skin color matters so much to some christians.

That being said, some people believe Jesus was Ethiopian so that would make him a black man. However, it's most commonly believed that he was ethnically Middle-eastern.

I would have to know exactly how they arrived at that conclusion. During the time when the Greeks ruled what is now Israel many Jews spread out to other areas, so it's not impossible. But it is a youtube video, so not the most trustworthy source if information.

I believe Jesus walked the earth so he was obviously a certain colour not that it matters but he was? This imo doesn't make other colours less just that jesus walked the earth and looked a certain way. So for people to say he has no colour or image it is false imo.

Sorry I am trying to figure things out

I'll start off by saying I'm an atheist and I don't mean to offend anyone by this post, but I'm very curious why Jesus' skin color matters so much to some christians.

That being said, some people believe Jesus was Ethiopian so that would make him a black man. However, it's most commonly believed that he was ethnically Middle-eastern.

For centuries European art depicted historical figures from the Bible as pasty white people, which is clearly inaccurate. I was just pointing out a common misconception of the Bible is response to the original post about Jesus possibly being a buddhist monk.

For centuries European art depicted historical figures from the Bible as pasty white people, which is clearly inaccurate. I was just pointing out a common misconception of the Bible is response to the original post about Jesus possibly being a buddhist monk.
I agree with your posts, I was referring to a general curiosity of mine as to why people want to focus on whether Jesus was "their" color. I think the misconception of Jesus as a pasty white man is mostly due to most medieval and renaissance painters depicting pretty much everyone as a white person as that was the audience they were painting for and the environment they lived in.

Edit: derp, I just repeated half your post. I should probably have a cup of coffee and wake up before posting more.

I agree with Valentine and Witty Aspie. Christianity and Buddhism are in effect diametrically opposed. Jesus was Jewish and far removed from nothing remotely resembling Buddhism.

He has been depicted as white, blonde hair, blue eyed because that supposedly has been the image of the good-looking Western male, but of course he was not white and not good- looking, as we understand the meaning of that. How can the Messiah can be anything but good-looking, was the shakey logic, despite the biblical picture of him.

The bottom line of Christianity is whether one accepts Christ as Lord and Saviour, as the Son of God. Anything other than that is not Christianity, no matter what one says. Of course, there are many different 'denominations' and belief systems, but that is because of our own pride.

You are safest with Evangelical theology.

New Threads

Top Bottom