• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Astrology and Autism?

Virgo? Why did I think you were double Taurus? And why does it always have to be you who remembers to take the ball of twine into the labyrinth?

I have Uranus and Pluto hovering near the 4th house cusp, explaining a very great deal. Ich. AsheSkylar and I are meant to admire each other from afar, unless we just decide to laugh at the whole thing. Laughter is good.:D

Best guesstimates for other systems:

Chinese: Stainless Steel Rat with a monkey's face and a snake's mind. Apparently I get along with...nobody! I win! And still married a Serpent, unless he's a Dragon. Don't they both eat rats and/or wizards? This explains why condiments cause me panic.

Celtic: My name is Bran. And Winter is Cooming.

I am a double Taurus. Taurus ascendant and Taurus Sun sign ;)

I had real problems with the twine, I now use GPS although the signal can get a bit iffy sometimes.

Really enjoyed Harry Harrison's Stainless Steel Rat, although you sound far more mischievous ;)

Bran the Blessed, always liked him and his 'what did the Romans ever do for us' mentality. At least you have the gift of prophecy, just don't lose your head!

I do keep losing my head, although people keep giving it back to me. Apparently, like Charles I, I walk and talk half an hour after my head is cut off, and like Cicero, even a silver pin doesn't stop me from nailing undiscussable topics into the meeting agenda.

I remember saying elsewhere on this forum that I'm not big into astrology myself, but I do find it interesting and it does prompt some productive self-reflection even in a hardened skeptic (provided they get over intellectual stubbornness, heh). I'm a Virgo but I don't really know what that means.

Riffing off Darkside Zodiac:
You are this thread's idol, for you have the power of the ego in a sign for service, and you love to serve, even when specifically asked not to. Specifically, as the zodiac's designated poster child for OCD, you oppose Piscean dreamy vagueness. You carp and nitpick at that time of year...peevish, hypercritical, and anal-retentive, your obsession for sterile perfectionism and pedantic fetish for detail make you a scarily good forensic accountant, although insisting on wearing fresh latex gloves and wiping down the keyboard with bleach every morning seems to be creating problems with the equipment. You are essential on business trips, since you are the only one who can bring a five-star hotel's bedroom suite to cleanroom standards. When there are a bunch of you in meetings (there are always a bunch of you in meetings), no agenda is complete until you have all stared each other down through narrowed eyes, pointing out contentious subclauses in the contracts. If everyone in the clean room is Virgo, this is officially a Nitpick of Virgos. Other signs should look busy when you emerge at midnight.

I totally believe in astrology I find it to be very accurate too in terms of positive & negative interactions that I can have with people based on my sign. I am also a Pisces. That in itself makes me highly intuitive & in tune with other people's feelings & emotions. I do find myself thinking things & then they happen, or come true, but what I would say (for me) is that I think I am definitely an empath. Kind of like Counselor Troi on Star Trek TNG. I sense things, emotions, engery, good or bad, I always am pretty dead on with those. People are always amazed at how accurate I am. I attribute this to just being gifted, being a Pisces, which is a highly intuitive sign, & also being midly autistic. I think I just sense & see things that others miss. It's really lovely I embrace it. I used to deny it but I embrace it now.

I'm a Pisces sun sign with Sagittarius rising. Essentially, a very creative, artistic, intuitive, compassionate person, but my Sagittarius also makes me very aware of ******** a mile away, I can always sniff it out. which is good. And while my Pisces sun makes me compassionate, empathetic, & unselfish, my ascendant Sag makes me definitely a live wire & loose cannon!

My compatible signs are Cancers, Scorpios, Tauruses, & Capricorns, but I can deal with Leos & Aries too. The ones I tend to not mesh with are the air signs: Geminis, Libras, Aquarius. They tend to be too analytical & anal retentive for me to stand.

Virgo is interesting because it is an earth sign, it's actually the opposite to Pisces, but not incompatible. Virgos tend to be meticulous, caring, sensitive, but also very matter of fact, literal, & fact-oriented. But they can be freaks in the bedroom apparently lol. I get along with them well. Much better than the air signs.

I've though of doing astrology readings for people but not sure how to go about it. And as I said, while I have my psychic moments, I feel I am much more of an empath than a psychic although there is both. I embrace my gifts it's really lovely. I always find myself using it & sensing situations or people to avoid or to get to know better, because I pick up so well on those energies, good or bad. :)

Riffing off Darkside Zodiac:
You are this thread's idol, for you have the power of the ego in a sign for service, and you love to serve, even when specifically asked not to. Specifically, as the zodiac's designated poster child for OCD, you oppose Piscean dreamy vagueness. You carp and nitpick at that time of year...peevish, hypercritical, and anal-retentive, your obsession for sterile perfectionism and pedantic fetish for detail make you a scarily good forensic accountant, although insisting on wearing fresh latex gloves and wiping down the keyboard with bleach every morning seems to be creating problems with the equipment. You are essential on business trips, since you are the only one who can bring a five-star hotel's bedroom suite to cleanroom standards. When there are a bunch of you in meetings (there are always a bunch of you in meetings), no agenda is complete until you have all stared each other down through narrowed eyes, pointing out contentious subclauses in the contracts. If everyone in the clean room is Virgo, this is officially a Nitpick of Virgos. Other signs should look busy when you emerge at midnight.
I don't know if this was the intent, but this made me laugh out loud! Especially since a lot of it seems kind of accurate. :D

I've though of doing astrology readings for people but not sure how to go about it. And as I said, while I have my psychic moments, I feel I am much more of an empath than a psychic although there is both. I embrace my gifts it's really lovely. I always find myself using it & sensing situations or people to avoid or to get to know better, because I pick up so well on those energies, good or bad. :)
If you can do those birth charts, that would be a place to start. Apparently there is a bit of a market for comprehensive birth charts if you can get a day and time from people. I do believe those can be done at a distance through online interaction. The tarot readers suggest starting with friends and families, and I think it'd work for astrologists too, especially those that would rely on being physically present for a more accurate reading. I don't know how territorial and aggressive the psychic community is, but if they're a friendly bunch, look for a local group. There's bound to be an old pro or two somewhere locally and they could give you more precise tips like how to word an advertisement and stuff.

I like looking at astrology and stuff of that nature, although - to quote Irish comedian Dara O'Briain - it's a "bit of craic" and often very generalized.
For example, you may read it in the office and say "Oh Billy, it says you're going on a long journey" or "Hey Mia, it says you're going to be getting some money".

Sticking with Dara O'Briain, he said that during one of his shows in Newcastle, there were three prison guards in the audience who he talked to and joked about "How funny would it be if every day, the guards went to each of the prisoners and read them their horoscopes?"

Guard:
*to prisoner* "Oh. you might be going on a long journey...*shakes head* Nope".
*to another prisoner* "Oh, but there's new love...Errrrr..."

I don't know if I believe in astrology, but you know what? It's fun. I like reading horoscopes and playing with tarot cards. The world's a much more whimsical place if you keep an open mind. :p

Astrology is one of my favorite trivia to collect! :)

Western Zodiac: I am a stubborn Capricorn to a the letter, how people complain about my stubbornness...
Chinese Zodiac: I'm definitely an analytical Earth Snake, and I can be a scary plotter.
Celtic Zodiac: I am a resilient Birch, and I can be quite charming at times. I'm a bit of a Stag too.
Palmistry: Confirming once again I am stubborn to no end, introverted, and artistic.
Tarot: It seems today I have an emotional blockage to deal with (probably leftovers from yesterday), and I have a bright and stable future if I loosen up a bit.

Which is all true for MY flavor of autism. I come from the rigid, self sufficient, and logical end of things where most of our anxiety comes from an oppressive drive to have things done right.

And if you think a Capricorn is stubborn, you've never met an autistic Capricorn! ;)
Oh Tarot! You just reminded me I have two decks that I haven't used for years. Methinks this sunny afternoon calls for a reading or two :)

Thanks for the topic!

I'm Gemini - and the most of my life I did not fit the description: reclusive, non-social, passive, silent, deep-thinking. Nobody of my friends could believe me being Gemini.
It's after I started to accept myself and with help of my psychologist I started to find out what do I feel and want - I calmed down enough to show different sides of myself.
I can be talkative when I talk about what's interesting to me - to my friends.
But I'm still not social at all. I'm internally dual - in the sense of feelings and thoughts but many people are like that.
I can sometimes pass for Gemini but not in close and regular interaction.

Recently I read some astrologist's description of how every sign of the Zodiac reacts on something.
I routinely read about Gemini, considered and admitted it could be valid.
Then I read through other signs of the Zodiac, considered and realized that I sometimes can react like any of them, too.
Maybe it's the solution of the mistery why Zodiac 'works': every person can react in 12 most often ways but given a label (Gemini for me) admits and concentrates only on that type that prescribed for this particular sign?
I think that through millenia the Zodiac gives people the label and set way of how to consider themselves, how to not be afraid of themselves, how to think of themselves. And the same - about other people.
The Zodiac that divides all the people of the Earth into 12 types - dictates that it's only 12 types of the human character every person can meet in the whole life: there is no aliens, no uncertainty of how to consider a new person in surroundings.
'What's their birthday? Oh, so they are Gemini! Lucky me - I get along quite well with Gemini!" and so on.

New Threads

Top Bottom