• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Astrology and Autism?

I wonder if anyone has ever given it any thought. I've recently taken up an interest in astrology to learn about personality and I've been delighted in what I've found. I also know that Astrology is not science. I was born on March 18th and I'm a Pisces. Since reading about Pisces I've been fascinated with what I've found and it's almost described me to a T! I'm moody and indecisive. Wow! I've learned that Pisces have all possess traits of all the other signs! This being the case, they tend to think deeper and have trouble sorting out their emotions. Having such deep thoughts tend to leave the Pisces vulnerable to emotional sensitivity. I've also learned that they are prone to distraction and dreams. Are they more succeptable to things like Aspergers, OCD, ADHD or ASD? Are there any Pisces here that can say this might be accurate? Do we suffer from Aspergers, OCD, ASD, or ADHD more than the other signs? Again I know astrology is not science and therefore not reliable but its fun to play with when discussing personality and possible ASP, ADHD or Aspergers. This is mostly for fun but I've been shocked about what read about myself when I researched Pisces. Anyway, cheers.

Astrology is one of my favorite trivia to collect! :)

Western Zodiac: I am a stubborn Capricorn to a the letter, how people complain about my stubbornness...
Chinese Zodiac: I'm definitely an analytical Earth Snake, and I can be a scary plotter.
Celtic Zodiac: I am a resilient Birch, and I can be quite charming at times. I'm a bit of a Stag too.
Palmistry: Confirming once again I am stubborn to no end, introverted, and artistic.
Tarot: It seems today I have an emotional blockage to deal with (probably leftovers from yesterday), and I have a bright and stable future if I loosen up a bit.

Which is all true for MY flavor of autism. I come from the rigid, self sufficient, and logical end of things where most of our anxiety comes from an oppressive drive to have things done right.

And if you think a Capricorn is stubborn, you've never met an autistic Capricorn! ;)

Last edited:
I'm not a big believer in astrology although I was a part of my upbringing (and it's fun :)), so, in the style of Ashe...

Western - Taurus with Taurus rising. Double the Bull for your money.
Chinese - Wooden Horse, Metal Tiger rising. That would explain the aspie 'me'
Celtic - Oak and Wolf, although I'm a bit of a greybeard now.

Western- Scorpio: Apparently I am supposed to be jealous and possessive. I am best friends with my ex and am making friends with his fiance, so no.
Chinese- Wooden Rat, a perfectionist with wide broad interests and an inability to follow through on projects. Sounds like me, even if I am cherrypicking.
Celtic- Hawk, I do care a great deal about truth and wisdom, but I am not nearly so focused or driven as my sign would indicate.

To be clear, I do not believe in astrology, or anything supernatural for that matter. That said; looking into such topics can at least make you look at yourself from a different perspective. I like Tarot for the same reason. The randomness of the cards, as well as the means in which they are so open to interpretation can really help to stimulate your creativity and look at issues from a whole new perspective.

Oh no! Please don't say this! Turned out I have two of them in my immediate family...:(
I will pray for you. :fearful:

My dad's not autistic, but he was the other Capricorn in the house when I lived with them. Pity my poor mother... Two Capricorns and an Aquarius she put up with. Strong woman.

I will pray for you. :fearful:

My dad's not autistic, but he was the other Capricorn in the house when I lived with them. Pity my poor mother... Two Capricorns and an Aquarius she put up with. Strong woman.

That's me! Son is Aquarius, daughter and husband are Capricorn. Every day is a battle of wills!

I wonder if anyone has ever given it any thought. I've recently taken up an interest in astrology to learn about personality and I've been delighted in what I've found. I also know that Astrology is not science. I was born on March 18th and I'm a Pisces. Since reading about Pisces I've been fascinated with what I've found and it's almost described me to a T! I'm moody and indecisive. Wow! I've learned that Pisces have all possess traits of all the other signs! This being the case, they tend to think deeper and have trouble sorting out their emotions. Having such deep thoughts tend to leave the Pisces vulnerable to emotional sensitivity. I've also learned that they are prone to distraction and dreams. Are they more succeptable to things like Aspergers, OCD, ADHD or ASD? Are there any Pisces here that can say this might be accurate? Do we suffer from Aspergers, OCD, ASD, or ADHD more than the other signs? Again I know astrology is not science and therefore not reliable but its fun to play with when discussing personality and possible ASP, ADHD or Aspergers. This is mostly for fun but I've been shocked about what read about myself when I researched Pisces. Anyway, cheers.

It's more about relationships between different kinds of energies ("planets" in "aspects"), how they're expressed ("planets in signs"), and where that expression is most potent ("house") and focused ("angles" and "degrees").

But I can start my own thread if I'm going to go there, and I'm enjoying this light approach.

My son's Capricorn, my husband's Aquarius. Peace reigns, but there's more to the archetype than sun signs. :)
I'm a Capricorn, my husband is Aries, and our kid is Gemini. And we fit our stereotypes pretty well. Peace don't always reign in our house. Oh, that energetic little Gemini...

I seem to rebel against mine though. Supposed to be a mortal enemy of Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius, but I married an Aries, my best friend is an Aries, and my mom is Leo, and we all get along great. XD

It's more about relationships between different kinds of energies ("planets" in "aspects"), how they're expressed ("planets in signs"), and where that expression is most potent ("house") and focused ("angles" and "degrees").

But I can start my own thread if I'm going to go there, and I'm enjoying this light approach.
I think dblandford388 started this with intentions of discussing personality types, so I guess it'd be okay to stay here?

I'm a Capricorn, my husband is Aries, and our kid is Gemini. And we fit our stereotypes pretty well. Peace don't always reign in our house. Oh, that energetic little Gemini...

I seem to rebel against mine though. Supposed to be a mortal enemy of Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius, but I married an Aries, my best friend is an Aries, and my mom is Leo, and we all get along great. XD

I think dblandford388 started this with intentions of discussing personality types, so I guess it'd be okay to stay here?
Ah, AsheSkylar, I don't know how to tell you this, but I'm a...you know the rest. :). Although I have a lot of heavy metal elements, so to speak.

I'm just enjoying the thread, as I rarely expose awareness of this particular form of psychology and archetype. I'm a logical aspie, right?

I'll see what else transpires before I "go there."

I always say I'm a Leo, absolutely.
I say that... more because I feel like a big cat often. Not like a purr purr tabby but just the size of a rottweiler.

I mean a large wild cat species. Like.. OH! A lion. :]
Many of my attributes are similar to what people typically think of as "leo". So some of what I consider my strongest are missing, and might be found in others.

I do see the fire with me- that it's the middle though, the constant effort at equilibrium... so with my boyfriend it makes sense that he is a water sign [particularly in the context of our relationship, how we relate to each other and enrich each other [and know how to get at the other one if necessary too!].

I'm pretty sure that I said at one point "He cools me down and I heat him up" and that's not the euphemism you think it is.
Sometimes he welcomes the fire under his butt and sometimes I need a cool compress.
It works. Whether it's really associated with the elements/signs or not, I don't know.

But those are things I see and I do associate us well/naturally with fire/water. It makes sense. Leo makes sense to me. Pisces makes sense.
--- was that relevant? I'm a rambles tonight.

Chinese: year of the dog. No surprise there [for me].

Ah, AsheSkylar, I don't know how to tell you this, but I'm a...you know the rest. :). Although I have a lot of heavy metal elements, so to speak.

I'm just enjoying the thread, as I rarely expose awareness of this particular form of psychology and archetype. I'm a logical aspie, right?

I'll see what else transpires before I "go there."
If you're an Aquarius I'm going to go run and hide. :fearful:

I do believe it's logical to admit people tend to have certain sets of personality traits. Whether or not what month or year they're born in determines that is not for me to say, but people do tend to follow general profiles.

Stubborn Taurus here.. I fit the Taurus description fairly accurately for whatever that's worth.

OK, I'll read AsheSkylar's comment as "yeah, maybe get into more of it." If dblandford388 doesn't mind. The OP does appear to encourage exploration. I will see if I can't keep it short enough to amuse without being a dissertation...

(chuckling)

I wonder if anyone has ever given it any thought. I've recently taken up an interest in astrology to learn about personality and I've been delighted in what I've found. I also know that Astrology is not science...I'm a Pisces...moody and indecisive [with] traits of all the other signs!...I've also learned that they are prone to distraction and dreams. Are they more succeptable to things like Aspergers, OCD, ADHD or ASD? Are there any Pisces here that can say this might be accurate? Do we suffer from Aspergers, OCD, ASD, or ADHD more than the other signs? Again I know astrology is not science and therefore not reliable but its fun to play with when discussing personality and possible ASP, ADHD or Aspergers. This is mostly for fun but I've been shocked about what read about myself when I researched Pisces. Anyway, cheers.

Pisces, as a sign, is more about expression; the inner experience you describe is more about the associated energy, Neptune. When personal energies (Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, alone or in any combination) combine with the outer-directed social energies (Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto--whether or not Pluto's a planet is moot) the personal energy gets distributed out as well as in. The approach you make, the type of energy you have, to connect to anything gets qualified: the fast-moving personal energies lend urgency and identity, the slower generational energies lend breadth, depth, and gravitas.

That may be positive or negative.

"Planets" are matched to the expressions most friendly to the energy and that's called being a "ruler." As Pisces, the Sun is in Pisces for you, but the Sun's own ruler is Neptune, which has the energy Pisces expresses best.

When the emblem of the Ego, Sol, joins forces with the emblem of the Infinite, Neptune, they may weaken each other, one may be relatively stronger, or they may mutually reinforce. Dreamers have strong connections between these energies regardless of their Sun's position.

I think the answer to your question is that Pisces, like its water sign siblings, are more receptive to energy fluctuations and disturbances because they express tension. They aren't necessarily more prone, but they are affected more obviously.

And I would speculate that aspies and other notable issues you mention would have:
  1. a statistically significantly higher proportion of "hard matches" of planet to sign (bad match of energy to expression)
  2. ditto, for planet to planet (bad commingling of energies).
  3. the Moon and Mercury to be in signs that don't express their energies well and to be contacting Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto more frequently and closely than other combinations, especially if any of those planets are also in signs that don't let the energy circuit run smoothly.
There are probably another 3-4 criteria, but I promised not to dissert.

Astrology is one of my favorite trivia to collect!

x2

part of my upbringing (and it's fun :)), so, in the style of Ashe...

Western - Taurus with Taurus rising. Double the Bull for your money.
Chinese - Wooden Horse, Metal Tiger rising. That would explain the aspie 'me'
Celtic - Oak and Wolf, although I'm a bit of a greybeard now.

I pulled out my copy of "Stella Hyde's" DarkSide Zodiac.

"The Sun is our daytime self; the Moon represents our inner psycho. The nippy little wretch rushes around plunging in and out of signs every few days, so throughout Taurus, the lunar nuisance charges around like two tons of potential pot roast breaking angrily out of the slaughterhouse. That helps explain why two Taureans born only days apart store their money in entirely different offshore accounts, depending on which sign the Moon was bothering at the time...

Here's what happens when the Moon sets off to plod around the paddock.

Moon in Aries: on hot nights you dream of blood, sand, bright lights, and death in the afternoon.
Moon in Taurus: you shall not be moved.
Moon in Gemini: you occasionally suspect it might be possible to charge in more than one direction.
Moon in Cancer: you prefer to be alone in a gloomy barn, where you moan about how none of your herd ever calls."

And so on. I strongly recommend this book for you if you think starry snark makes for a good laugh. I almost hurt myself trying to read the book in one sitting.

Western- Scorpio: Apparently I am supposed to be jealous and possessive.

Jealous; the possessiveness is a faint reflection of Taurus. What Scorpio really is about is concentration. Think intensity. It's not just about property, it's about power to control property, and for that matter, to define what property is and isn't. Your mileage may vary. Taurus doesn't share property (earth) but Scorpio knows everything about leverage and power distribution (water).

If you're an Aquarius I'm going to go run and hide. :fearful:

Remember what I said about energies and Sun combinations? No? Good. :sunglasses:

Last edited:
I remember saying elsewhere on this forum that I'm not big into astrology myself, but I do find it interesting and it does prompt some productive self-reflection even in a hardened skeptic (provided they get over intellectual stubbornness, heh). I'm a Virgo but I don't really know what that means.

I pulled out my copy of "Stella Hyde's" DarkSide Zodiac.

"The Sun is our daytime self; the Moon represents our inner psycho. The nippy little wretch rushes around plunging in and out of signs every few days, so throughout Taurus, the lunar nuisance charges around like two tons of potential pot roast breaking angrily out of the slaughterhouse. That helps explain why two Taureans born only days apart store their money in entirely different offshore accounts, depending on which sign the Moon was bothering at the time...

Here's what happens when the Moon sets off to plod around the paddock.

Moon in Aries: on hot nights you dream of blood, sand, bright lights, and death in the afternoon.
Moon in Taurus: you shall not be moved.
Moon in Gemini: you occasionally suspect it might be possible to charge in more than one direction.
Moon in Cancer: you prefer to be alone in a gloomy barn, where you moan about how none of your herd ever calls."

And so on. I strongly recommend this book for you if you think starry snark makes for a good laugh. I almost hurt myself trying to read the book in one sitting.

I shall take at look at it ;)

My Moon sits in Virgo, 4th house and wide conjunct with Pluto... happy days :eek: The association is what gives me my mobile lifestyle, having had 23+ homes in my lifetime.

My preferred choice in looking at personality types is Chinese Five Elements, I just find the system to be more accurate as it's based on the physiology and psychology of the individual.

I shall take at look at it ;)

My Moon sits in Virgo, 4th house and wide conjunct with Pluto... happy days :eek: The association is what gives me my mobile lifestyle, having had 23+ homes in my lifetime.

My preferred choice in looking at personality types is Chinese Five Elements, I just find the system to be more accurate as it's based on the physiology and psychology of the individual.

Virgo? Why did I think you were double Taurus? And why does it always have to be you who remembers to take the ball of twine into the labyrinth?

I have Uranus and Pluto hovering near the 4th house cusp, explaining (forecasting probability of?) a very great deal. Ich. AsheSkylar and I are meant to admire each other from afar, unless we just decide to laugh at the whole thing. Laughter is good.:D

Best guesstimates for other systems:

Chinese: Stainless Steel Rat with a monkey's face and a snake's mind. Apparently I get along with...nobody! I win! And still married a Serpent, unless he's a Dragon. Don't they both eat rats and/or wizards? This explains why condiments cause me panic.

Celtic: My name is Bran. And Winter is Cooming.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom