• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Aspies with Half Siblings

megacomic

Just that awkward guy.
I know this is going to seem bad but before my parents were married my father had three other kids. I grew up with my full siblings hearing about them very rarely and never meeting them as they lived in Boston and I grew up in Los Angeles. I didn't meet them until my father's funeral six years ago and ever since then our half sister keeps bothering us about a family reunion and getting all my father's children together. My sister wants to do it but honestly I don't care for my half siblings, I don't hate them but as far I'm concerned they don't exist to me as I couldn't care less about my father's previous affairs. I feel terrible about it but I feel nothing for them at all and I really don't like the reminder that my father was with other women besides my mom. How do other Aspies feel about their half siblings?

Mine are 20+ years older than me, and have attempted to murder me twice, so I'm on the fence about Mom's first litter. On the positive side, I've donned a suit and lowered one of my would-be killers into the earth and their health being what it is, time is on my side. Do I hate them? Nah, but justice is sweet, and you are free to enjoy it when you lifted not one finger to bring it about.

If you're Dad had them before him and your Mum got married then it wasn't an affair?

Anyway, I have three half siblings and one full sibling.

My Mum and "sperm donor" had me and my full brother.

Then my Mum and my step-dad had my half brother

And my"sperm donor" and his partner had my two half sisters.

I grew up with both my brothers but didn't know about my sisters until I was a teenager, and have only met them once. I'd like to get to know them better but they aren't really interested.

I grew up with my half-sister periodically around as she lived about 3 hours away with her mom (visited every other weekend and some during the summers). When she was in 10th grade, she moved in with us, and I was in 3rd grade. When I think about the details, I get angry with her mom for the way she treated our dad. She is my only sibling, though, so I view her as my big sister. We don't have the close relationship that I see full-siblings have with each other, and many times I am jealous of that. I wish we were closer but she is 7 years older, married, has three kids, etc. Her life is completely different than mine and we currently live 7 hours apart. But regardless, I still view her as my sister, and her kids call me Aunt which makes me feel both old and good at the same time.

That being said, if I had not grown up seeing her every other weekend and if I hadn't found out we weren't full siblings until I was 7 or so, I may feel differently about her. Perhaps under different circumstances, we would have had a much more distant relationship.

New Threads

Top Bottom