• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Aphantasia and Autism

And I think I think I am not an angel of darkness but an angel of light.
And I stuffed up because I did not know.
And the only way I will ever be happy is go back to God's kingdom because this earth is not my home.
So stuffing up because you do not feel like u belong but do not know..
I would be happy to go back I just want to fit somewhere
But now they prob hate me because I stuffed up because I did not know
Just hope though always my family would be ok.
My angel name was Augustina.
Ah yes! The not knowing! Whadda a (mmm, best not say it, the software will only ****** it!).

My biggest regret is not finding out sooner. Solves so many things. Resolves so many too!
At first I really felt a bit bad about not being able to visualise at all, but first off, if someone offer a fix, I'd not take it. And even if I knew it wouldn't send me potty, I'm not sure I'd want it now. But it's a daft thing to think about really, as it just is part of me as much as my foot! Hey! Where's my foot gone? Who's stolen my foot! ;)
It's glued me to a world of logic and semantics, maybe the opposite of what you experience?

I have hyperphantazia, plus I'm schizo. I feel it projects hallucinations and feeds delusion.

I have very vivid visualisations too, and combined with my literal brain, I get some really hilarious and sometimes disturbing visions.
My polar opposite in the memory stakes!
Can't deny I've wondered what it must be like to experience, but that's just something that can't be known, annoying as that is.
My biggest bugbear with it now though, is the extremely poor memory, and the impact on executive functions, which makes work really, er, hard work! :laughing:

New Threads

Top Bottom