• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anyone watch Outnumbered?

Misty Avich

I have ADHD
V.I.P Member
Usually my taste in TV shows is very uncommon in the Aspie community, so I don't get to talk about them. But I'm hoping some people here might be interested in shows that aren't about superheroes.

Outnumbered is a British TV comedy-drama about an ordinary British family, and I can relate to it so much, that I enjoy watching it. I have the box set on DVD.

The character I can relate to so much is Karen, because she gets anxious a lot about things that are out of her control, such as terrorism. Also she often gets rejected by her peers and is a bit of an oddball. Some have reckoned the character might be on the spectrum, although this wasn't intended by the writers.

Also I often notice "shower thoughts" get thrown into a lot of their conversations, especially the two younger ones (Google shower thoughts if you aren't familiar with the term).

Usually my taste in TV shows is very uncommon in the Aspie community, so I don't get to talk about them. But I'm hoping some people here might be interested in shows that aren't about superheroes.

Outnumbered is a British TV comedy-drama about an ordinary British family, and I can relate to it so much, that I enjoy watching it. I have the box set on DVD.

The character I can relate to so much is Karen, because she gets anxious a lot about things that are out of her control, such as terrorism. Also she often gets rejected by her peers and is a bit of an oddball. Some have reckoned the character might be on the spectrum, although this wasn't intended by the writers.

Also I often notice "shower thoughts" get thrown into a lot of their conversations, especially the two younger ones (Google shower thoughts if you aren't familiar with the term).
Now I know what "shower thoughts" are. I never knew that was a thing. Even though I've had plenty of "shower thoughts".
Thanks for that @Misty Avich . I love learning new words and terms. :)

Shower thoughts are like illogical facts you may know but have never really thought about. Often the two youngest in Outnumbered bring them into conversations in the show, like in the funeral one where Ben says that if you believe in reincarnation you could have been an alien in one of your past lives. That's quite an interesting thought lol.
Also in the first series when Karen asks if shadows are made of atoms, and then asks if atoms are made of atoms lol.

Just love this show and it's a shame it seems so underrated.

New Threads

Top Bottom