• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anyone very interested in singing?

I love singing and music in general. I was in the glee club in elementary school and gospel choir in high school. Even though I enjoy it, I sometimes feel uncomfortable when I sing in front of others. I usually sing when I am alone or at home.

I absolutely adore singing. It started out as a love for musical theatre (which is still a huge love of mine) and I realized if I ever wanted to get anywhere in the theatre world I had to be able to sing, so I started singing all the time. I've recently started voice lessons as well to develop my voice. Singing and music in general is such an escape for me and honestly one of the only things in my life I truly love. However, I still have a huge fear of singing in front of people that I desperately need to overcome, but I'm working on it :)

Pretty much my whole life revolves around singing and writing songs.

Sometimes, I don't even sleep because my mind is filled with ideas and music patterns.
You should definitely try out songwriting, it may be your new 'thing'.

I can't sing in front of others, too self concious, but I sing loudly in the car.. Phil collins songs at the moment, I find it helps exercise my vocal range and makes my speaking voice more expressive.

Singing... let's put it this way; I've used and abused a microphone in front of crowds with a band. Though I've always found that I never considered myself a "singer" but more a "vocalist". To me the difference kinda feels that singing is probably the more "fine-tuned" thing, as opposed to the death metal type of growling, screaming, shrieking and whatever else I did.

But I guess in terms of this entire notion of "singing" or using ones vocals; I have quite a fasciniation for beatboxing, which obviously isn't singing as such, but it is employing vocal chords in a certain way.

Ever since I was 12 I was pretty into singing, and especially since I was 15 it became my main interest for the most part. It's probably the longest lasting interest I've had. I used to be very into origami, but now I only do it occasionally. During childhood my main interest was Nintendo games, which I am still interested in, just not as much as before, but I think it is more due to me having less free time to play them, which is pretty annoying to me.

Anyway, singing anyone? So far I have not found any other Aspies who are as into singing as I am.

I like singing, but I only sing when I'm sure no one else is around, I'm afraid I am not a very good singer. I think singing is a pretty neat interest to have, though.

Oh, by the way, Nintendo games are awesome. ^.^

I was in choir in Junior High, High school and Navy boot camp. I was also in two musicals (complete with solos) in Elementary school. And the youth choir in my church at the time. I've been soprano, alto and, finally, baritone. I enjoyed it, but my preferred churches usually have bands these days.

I think karaoke could be fun if it didn't involve so much drinking...

New Threads

Top Bottom