• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anyone know what's happened to WrongPlanet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TallyMan

This too will pass
The site has been down for around ten hours now. Anyone know if Alex has posted anything about the outage on Facebook? (I don't do facebook). The site has been limping along with ever more error messages all the time, so it wouldn't surprise me if the site has imploded due to Alex's neglect.

I'm not a member of WrongPlanet, so I have no idea if this is true, but maybe it's going through renovations. Or maybe there's a server issue.

Welcome to AspiesCentral, by the way. :)

The site has been down for around ten hours now. Anyone know if Alex has posted anything about the outage on Facebook? (I don't do facebook). The site has been limping along with ever more error messages all the time, so it wouldn't surprise me if the site has imploded due to Alex's neglect.
Hi there. I was wondering the same thing. It's weird. Let me look in Facebook

Maybe it's the end of an era, Mr TallyMan.:p

Maybe it's the end of an era, Mr TallyMan.:p

Indeed. Nothing is permanent. The site has been having lots of technical problems and is long overdue for a complete overhaul but Alex just ignores the problems. He may have left it too late now. Guess we'll find out soon if the outage is temporary or permanent.

Indeed. Nothing is permanent. The site has been having lots of technical problems and is long overdue for a complete overhaul but Alex just ignores the problems. He may have left it too late now. Guess we'll find out soon if the outage is temporary or permanent.
I've been trying to get on there all day. I've just resigned myself to the possibility of it being gone forever.

I hope everyone is ok though. I didn't even get a chance to say goodbye or nuffin'

It's bb, by the way.:)

I've been trying to get on there all day. I've just resigned myself to the possibility of it being gone forever.

I hope everyone is ok though. I didn't even get a chance to say goodbye or nuffin'

It's bb, by the way.:)

If it is gone forever, there will likely be lots of refugees from there looking for other forums. Some may find a lifeboat to here.

I reached out to Alex a few weeks ago regarding WrongPlanet and how I might can help fix the forum but never received a response

Well, to all those from WrongPlanet who may end up here, welcome. I actually came to AC after my original forum was closed. It had been going through a slow period, and apparently the webmaster just got fed up with that. He also claimed his interest in keeping the forum going was waning. I'm still quite upset about that. We got no warning whatsoever. I didn't even get to say goodbye to my friends. Luckily I didn't lose all of them---some of them were also signed up here.

It looks like its back up and running.:confused:

I'm glad to see that it's back. It's too busy and generally negative for me nowadays, but there was a time when it was my only meaningful source of communication and I know how bad it is to have that removed all of a sudden.

I think it's time for Alex to hand the site over to someone else. As distrustful as I am of him, I don't blame him for his lack of commitment to Wrong Planet as he's doing a lot of other awareness-related work.

I'd like to see it given to a new owner and for some major changes to take place.

Some times you can end up doing too much at a time then other things suffer. I don't know what is keeping a forum going but it must be time consuming.

I tried joining WP just before I joined here. Registration failed. I sent 2 short emails to Alex over 3 weeks about it and never received a response, so I figured it was just a lost cause. Glad I found this place though.

I used to be on WrongPlanet too, under a different name, then all of a sudden I found that I could no longer access the site and emails went unanswered. So I don't know what happened.

I have in the past suggested Alex and the team to see if they could upgrade the forum software. At some point, there was news that they were at some point was willing to upgrade the forum software to IP board or something like that but of course, that definitely did not happen or come into action as it seems.

From what I've experience over there in the past, it was pretty negative which was why I'm no longer fully active on that site as well as having a pretty bad history. Then again, I was much younger then and I've realised a lot since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom