• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anyone ever BuSt oUt?

laurag9g9g9

qigungkat
I never spoke in public till 1st grade. Mrs Johnson was reading a 'people do this and don't do this' kind of workbook. I became more upset with every statement. It didn't matter what she said next. She read," people don't wear grapefruit as earrings." I stood and said," YES,YES....PEOPLE CAN WEAR GRAPEFRUIT AS EARRINGS!" I'd never seen her blue eyes so big! She poised herself and replied," k, then...you can wear grapefruit earrings to school tomorrow." I did and immediately became the bust out rebel nerd! I acted crazy like that till I was 20. Wouldn't recommend being like that.

i used to do things like that in grade school. the teacher got upset at me more often than not. the other kids would pick on me at recess and i didnt want to go to school ever again. Then in high school, my peers pushed me around because i was acting awkward and weird. They claimed i couldn't follow "social rules" and i was upset a lot by that. Now i look back and say that those experiences made me a better person in some ways. Not in all ways, but some. I just took everything one day at a time. That was my experience.

I would laurag9g9g9 have liked to see the grape fruit earrings they must have been impressive, love the cat avatar. :D

Hi Myway!

I always did my own thing too, but didn't follow any groups social code just mine.:rolleyes:

It is the same today I chart my own course in life like a compass, sometimes people follow my beliefs and values now....but I don't do it for that, it is just me....the wind and the rain, a force of nature, I bend the world more than it bends me.

I would laurag9g9g9 have liked to see the grape fruit earrings they must have been impressive, love the cat avatar. :D

Hi Myway!

I always did my own thing too, but didn't follow any groups social code just mine.:rolleyes:

It is the same today I chart my own course in life like a compass, sometimes people follow my beliefs and values now....but I don't do it for that, it is just me....the wind and the rain, a force of nature, I bend the world more than it bends me.
They were heavy [emoji24]

They were heavy [emoji24]

That is what I was going ask, haha. Didn't it hurt? How did you attach grapefruit to your ears? And so on... :D

If it were me in that class I would have certainly not said a word but inside my head I would have been yelling the same thing as you. But nothing would have come out of my mouth because I didn't want to draw attention to myself.

It wasn't until my uni days as an art student that I really rebelled. I wore floral empire dresses like I'd walked out of a Jane Austen novel...but I wore them with steel capped army boots and blue spiky hair. :D I did a lot of experimentation with my appearance. But I was always politely mannered when addressed. I didn't want interaction with others. Just to make silent statements.

Hahaha... I took a 1/2 center slice of grapefruit Ann's tied loops AROUND ears using string. Still too heavy. .... I would have wanted to be your friend. I agreed to be an artist. Dad was militant. If I'm not making stuff...I'm manic. I'm 53 and just realized that in last decade. ... My bust out was more like copping a personna er guard.... I thought I was a tough jersey girl. Lots of trouble. Wrong path

That is what I was going ask, haha. Didn't it hurt? How did you attach grapefruit to your ears? And so on... :D

If it were me in that class I would have certainly not said a word but inside my head I would have been yelling the same thing as you. But nothing would have come out of my mouth because I didn't want to draw attention to myself.

It wasn't until my uni days as an art student that I really rebelled. I wore floral empire dresses like I'd walked out of a Jane Austen novel...but I wore them with steel capped army boots and blue spiky hair. :D I did a lot of experimentation with my appearance. But I was always politely mannered when addressed. I didn't want interaction with others. Just to make silent statements.
I replied on wrong post. Just figured that one out... new here

I never spoke in public till 1st grade. Mrs Johnson was reading a 'people do this and don't do this' kind of workbook. I became more upset with every statement. It didn't matter what she said next. She read," people don't wear grapefruit as earrings." I stood and said," YES,YES....PEOPLE CAN WEAR GRAPEFRUIT AS EARRINGS!" I'd never seen her blue eyes so big! She poised herself and replied," k, then...you can wear grapefruit earrings to school tomorrow." I did and immediately became the bust out rebel nerd! I acted crazy like that till I was 20. Wouldn't recommend being like that.
I just watched Alix Generous on TED talks...she busted out the way I did. She had a hard time getting help but, she's doing awesome! I could never get up on stage like that. She's inspiring [emoji276]

I just watched Alix Generous on TED talks...she busted out the way I did. She had a hard time getting help but, she's doing awesome! I could never get up on stage like that. She's inspiring [emoji276]

Thanks laurag9g9g9 Because you posted about Alix Generous, I just watched that ted talk. She is inspiring, as well as funny, smart, innovative & brave.

Oh wow! I'd have loved you as a child. You sound like a voice of sanity! I never had the guts to ever bust out, though in grade 3 I did tell the class that Santa wasn't real. I got a quick telling off for that. It must have been freaking hard for you to keep all that bottled in. It burst forth any way. Better out than bubbling away inside you.

I wore Saris in my early 20s. But something inside me is desperate to jump up and shake my façade off. You know, do something not just out of character, but burst forth like you did. :D

New Threads

Top Bottom