• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anyone else's family seem to have trouble with simple communication?

Well, I guess the only way to avoid this happening again is to always assume I'm on my own if Mom and I have another argument. Maybe I'll make a checklist of factors, such as an argument and my brothers being at work.

At least you have a plan of sorts. Whatever it takes.

In the Christian community SO MUCH emphasis is placed on helping and 'encouraging' (a word I find very overused) people, but in reality no one will help you. At least not if your problems are different from the normal, visible ones like family death, illness, injury, job loss, etc.

With "helping" often meaning giving people a "jump-start" and little else. Self-reliance with an emphasis on a work ethic. Not a particularly "communal" message, but values steeped in Calvinism and Puritanism. Quite a "mixed message", IMO. Yeah, I get that. o_O

The only thing holding me back is money and my inability to earn it because every job requires dealing with people, blind conformity, and kissing managers' butts.

I'm afraid we all have to deal with the possibility of such things when working for others. Quite often I found myself with the resolve of "keeping my head down and just doing my job".

Last edited:
Yes I do for the simple fact that they want me to speak quickly and to be on my toes or to try to tear me down if I don't have anything to say that isn't up to their standards.

New Threads

Top Bottom