• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anyone else?

The only time that I am the center of attention is when I am explaining something technical to someone who has a vested interest in what I am talking about. Someone like one of my customers or a neighbor with a broken washing machine. Even then the attention does not last long. I do not care about being like someone else, the latest fashions or social concerns. So nobody wants to talk to me because what I want to talk about is boring to them.

I’ve had moments like these before, and it’s really an amazing feeling to socialize without actually worrying.

Only people I'm good at socializing with are my mother and my brother. I avoid my father and not great at socializing with anyone else.

I'm almost ALWAYS social... my friends say I talk WAY too much (also have ADHD, so that might explain it...). I have tons of friends and love hanging out with them, although whenever me and one of my best friends hang out, we usually end up being sarcastic and having silly arguments! We tease each other A LOT. He knows about my Asperger's though and I have made sure that he knows TONS about it!!!

New Threads

Top Bottom