• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anybody starting new exercise routine?

I do yoga. I like to, when I can, find themed flows that match my special Interest. Like I was in a forest obsession for quite some time and did lots of flows that had the different tree poses, as like a way to motivate myself to want to exercise. YouTube is a great resource, but I also use AsanaRebel as it has a wide verity of times length, intensity, and meditations.

Accountability update:
On track, so far for walking 2 miles/day. We all have to start somewhere, right?

Like others have mentioned, I'm emerging from a winter hibernation. I will try to spark my motivation today with a hike at a local state park. Rocky, the dog will enjoy that, too. Yoga and free weights will be for this evening.

Don't forget to stay hydrated, everyone! 🚰

Accountability update:
On track, so far for walking 2 miles/day. We all have to start somewhere, right?
Oh yes. That's the best way to start. Then jog for a block, then rest. If you have a heart rate monitor, keep it in your Zone 1 or 2. Then jog 2 blocks and walk... In no time you'll be jogging for 30 minutes. The biggest mistake is to start running and getting out of breath feeling terrible.

Last edited:
Tomorrow is workout day, but the little running l did powered me thru a bunch of errands, including going to IRS. Which means checking your body for weapons. But l was in and out fast. Then stuck with cleaning up a very technical resume for my boyfriend. So even walking would be just as great. I noticed when l did cardio, l could handle a high volume restaurant position, complicated POS, and getting slammed with customers if l did cardio first.

I started with my new NDIS funded personal trainer/exercise physiologist last Thursday. In a local gym.I wanted one due to my poor brain-body signal issues. There's a name for that, but I forgot how to spell it, it starts with p.

I have a lower lumbar injury from carrying my children on my back and hip for too long, and when one got too heavy.

I always went too hard and ended up damaging myself because autism, I think.

Anyway, it went really well, but it did feel a bit too gentle. I was barely even sore at all after. I really like him though. He is a sweet and very cute young guy. I felt fantastic afterward, but yesterday I was very tired the whole day, after it.

New Threads

Top Bottom